Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TK pulled award space from US?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2014, 11:27 am
Original Poster

TK pulled award space from US?

I was looking to book a tix and it looks like all award space from NYC, SFO and LAX to IST is gone. some from Houston, but not much. anyone have thoughts if this is permenent? I posted on the united forum, but this probaby a better place.
Old Oct 28, 2014, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
From my experience, you can add ORD to the list. I was looking for space several months out and couldn't find anything. This was using the ANA website.
Old Oct 28, 2014, 12:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by leftpinky
I posted on the united forum, but this probaby a better place.
Don't cross-post http://www.flyertalk.com/help/rules.php#crossposting
Old Oct 28, 2014, 12:41 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by UAPremExecflyer
I've closed the cross-posted thread in the UA forum with a reference to continue the discussion in this thread

goalie
UA Forum Co Moderator
Old Nov 1, 2014, 3:43 am

TK follows an "all or nothing" system, releasing award seats.

For some days you see 9 seats available for award tickets on most flights (9 is the maximum amount of seats the system displays), then for weeks flights are zeroed out.
Old Nov 1, 2014, 9:31 am

Wirelessly posted (Ipod: Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; CPU OS 8_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/600.1.3 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/8.0 Mobile/12A4345d Safari/600.1.4)

Yes it looks like most of the sfo award space is gone, at least compared to when the route was first announced
Old Nov 1, 2014, 12:47 pm

Programs: TK Miles&Smiles
Exclamation

Originally Posted by leftpinky
I was looking to book a tix and it looks like all award space from NYC, SFO and LAX to IST is gone. some from Houston, but not much. anyone have thoughts if this is permenent? I posted on the united forum, but this probaby a better place.
What date you exactly looking a ticket for ?
There's no such thing pulling award tkt from US. It must be a high-demand time period.
Old Feb 10, 2015, 1:29 pm

I am looking for award seats during the last week of Feb or 1st week of Mar but I can't find any award seat on Turkish airline from any US airport to IST. I was searching on United.com.
Old Feb 11, 2015, 12:59 pm

Programs: TK E+ | HHD | Marriott TE LTG | etc.
Originally Posted by shadab
I am looking for award seats during the last week of Feb or 1st week of Mar but I can't find any award seat on Turkish airline from any US airport to IST. I was searching on United.com.
BOS-IST, IAH-IST, IAD-IST, JFK-IST routes are widely open at last week of Feb on TK site (One Way).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.