Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

I hate TK...because I gained 10 lbs from eating in the lounge and the flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I hate TK...because I gained 10 lbs from eating in the lounge and the flights

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2014, 11:29 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3 *G, EY Gold, AZ CFP (ST E+). Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
I've flown TK biz a couple of times, probably 5-6 years ago, but don't recall such a nice lounge in IST. Has it always been so nice?
IIRC the CIP lounge was opened in 2011.
Old Sep 12, 2014, 5:23 am

Originally Posted by iluvdoco
Question: are the nut bar and Turkish desserts upstairs only? I didn't observe any on the lower floor.
Nut bar is downstairs too...around the corner from the fruit bar as you walk clockwise.

I think there was a turkish-dessert bar downstairs too. Actually, i think the food servings were identical on the floors except for the restaurant-type grilled food area that is on the top floor.

I was there just 16 or so hours ago and I gotta say...it's not good for resting and relaxing. I couldn't see any reclining chairs; nevermind any in dimly lit areas. No chairs that were comfortable to lounge and have a sleep in either. There was always the sound of a tv, video game or the piano. The lowered circular area in the middle of the bottom floor was the only place that where those sounds didn't carry into much and that was relatively dimly lit.

As I am always looking to rest up, I prefer a small and more private lounge with decent drinks and food and very comfortable chairs with dim lighting.

Last edited by sliiide; Sep 12, 2014 at 5:28 am
Old Sep 12, 2014, 8:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sliiide
I was there just 16 or so hours ago and I gotta say...it's not good for resting and relaxing. I couldn't see any reclining chairs; nevermind any in dimly lit areas. No chairs that were comfortable to lounge and have a sleep in either. There was always the sound of a tv, video game or the piano. The lowered circular area in the middle of the bottom floor was the only place that where those sounds didn't carry into much and that was relatively dimly lit.
I would agree with that. Most of the lounge chairs aren't really good for lying down. There are a few mini-sofas on the lower-level facing the rack of TV screens, but these are usually the first seats taken.
Old Mar 26, 2015, 11:44 pm

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
Update:

As recent as March 2015 they no longer provide rice pudding (fırın sutlaç), by far my favorite Turkish dessert, a huge letdown.

Last edited by vincewy; Mar 27, 2015 at 9:41 am
Old Mar 30, 2015, 1:05 am

Originally Posted by vincewy
Update:

As recent as March 2015 they no longer provide rice pudding (fırın sutlaç), by far my favorite Turkish dessert, a huge letdown.
I miss the Baileys and the Aceto Balsamico (I like a bit of it in the lentil soup)
which both are no longer catered since November 2014.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 3:20 am
m.y

Programs: AC 75k, Marriott Titanium
Awesome photos! Look so much better than my photos taken in Nexus 5

I agree, CIP lounge was wonderful, I wish I stayed longer!
Old Apr 1, 2015, 11:09 am

Originally Posted by iluvdoco
I would agree with that. Most of the lounge chairs aren't really good for lying down. There are a few mini-sofas on the lower-level facing the rack of TV screens, but these are usually the first seats taken.
Lower level:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.