Wiki Posts
Search

Turkish Airlines

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2014, 1:49 am
Original Poster

Turkish Airlines

Dear friends,

I want to say that be careful about Turkish Airlines who is a member of Star Alliance.

We flight by Turkish Airlines on 02 August 2014 from Antalya to Ankara. We gave one years old baby's stroller to the baggage system. After the flight we saw that our stroller all break down. Turkish Airlines said that they are sorry and will pay its bill.

We send the stroller's official invoice that shows the price is 880 $ to Turkish Airlines. Now they send us e-mail that they wil only pay 300$ to our stroller. We will attent to the court.

So be carefull about Turkish Airlines, they are breaking, loosing your baggages and not paying their costs.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 4:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Welcome to Flyertalk!

You are lucky that you even get your stroller paid partially. December 2013 they broke my suitcase (completely trashed so it's cracked and unusable), they promised to pay but they still haven't. Mr. Nacho went to their office at Copenhagen Airport over 10 times to talk to the staff there - first they claimed that they never received the paper, then they said they need a copy of my passport, now the guy who is in-charged of the case is on holiday. They don't have any intention to pay - unfortunately at that time my travel insurance didn't cover damaged luggage. I'll go through small claim court if they don't proceed the case.

Turkish Airlines is great when everything go smoothly, anything happened then you are SOL. Make sure you get a great travel insurance policy that covers damaged bags by airlines - Turkish is not the only airline - Air Berlin is the same, so beware.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 8:46 am

Wirelessly posted (Ipod: Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; U; CPU OS 6_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10A403 Safari/8536.25)

A more descriptive title would be helpful
Old Aug 24, 2014, 6:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Things break and sometimes things are lost, beyond the control of the airline. Always read the fine print when you go into a contract with an airline:

http://www.turkishairlines.com/en-cy...ity-for-damage

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.