Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Any chance of getting a refund on this ticket?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2014, 10:23 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Many

I have a ticket IST-TLV booked well before the fighting started this time. My travel plans have changed and I am no longer going to Israel. I called TK and said due to the airport closures and fighting, I can't risk being stranded there and wanted to refund my ticket on the basis of some sort of travel waiver for the conflict. They said no. Any recourse?
Old Jul 30, 2014, 2:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
I have a ticket IST-TLV booked well before the fighting started this time. My travel plans have changed and I am no longer going to Israel. I called TK and said due to the airport closures and fighting, I can't risk being stranded there and wanted to refund my ticket on the basis of some sort of travel waiver for the conflict. They said no. Any recourse?
If TK has no travel waiver in effect, what grounds do you think you have for a refund?
Old Jul 31, 2014, 9:04 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by UAPremExecflyer
If TK has no travel waiver in effect, what grounds do you think you have for a refund?
I was hoping they would issue some sort of travel waiver since they suspended flights to TLV like a week ago, the conflict is ongoing and they could choose to suspend flights again at any time and leave me and all other passengers stranded. It doesn't seem unreasonable to ask for a refund when there's a reasonable chance they could end up not flying to that airport on my travel dates. I guess I'll have to wait and see what happens.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.