Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

How can I know if I'm in the Computer as Gold?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2014, 9:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Chairman, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, GA Pilot

I got status matched the other day to Gold on TK but haven't received my card. Two days later, I tried to get into the EWR lounge when flying UA and they said I either needed to have my card or they could look me up on the computer.

When I gave them my TK number, it didn't show elite. Nevermind the fact that I showed him the email from TK welcoming me to Star Gold, the fact is that the computer still didn't show it.

How long does this take to get the info to United and is there any other way I can check short of booking another ticket and putting my TK number on the boarding pass? If not, who do I call at TK to fix it?

Thanks!
Old Apr 13, 2014, 9:30 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
It takes upwards of one week until the *Gold status is entered through the STARNET system.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 9:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Chairman, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, GA Pilot
Thanks but is there some way I can check it?
Old Apr 13, 2014, 9:35 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by NYTA
Thanks but is there some way I can check it?
The only way to know for certain is when your status shows up as TK*G on the boarding pass.
Old Apr 19, 2014, 10:20 am

Programs: DL-PM, TK-Elite, AA-lifetime gold, SPG-Plat
I received my status match almost 3 weeks ago, but neither UA, SQ or NZ can see that I am *G in their systems. They all tried refreshing the TK number and removing it and reentering it but it still does not reflect *G. Is it normal for it to take this long before other airlines can see the *G status in their systems?
Old Apr 21, 2014, 12:07 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK*Elite+, EBD, FBG, EKS, IHG Royal Ambassador
That sounds strange, so no, it's not normal. Does it say that you are Elite when you log in to your Miles & Smiles account?
Old Apr 21, 2014, 6:57 am

Yes it does show that I am Elite when I log in. It has been showing it since the day that they confirmed my status match, and TK also confirmed on the phone that everything is ok. My issue is that I have several flights on other *A airlines coming up in the next few weeks, and since I don't have the card yet I really need for the other airlines to be able to see the *G status in their systems.
Old Apr 21, 2014, 7:23 am

Programs: TK Elite, *A Gold
Originally Posted by acf1270
Yes it does show that I am Elite when I log in. It has been showing it since the day that they confirmed my status match, and TK also confirmed on the phone that everything is ok. My issue is that I have several flights on other *A airlines coming up in the next few weeks, and since I don't have the card yet I really need for the other airlines to be able to see the *G status in their systems.
I am in a similar situation so I called Air Canada to see if they have me as *G on their system and she confirmed that they do. Do the same and give a call to the airline directly.. They will be able to tell you...
Old Apr 21, 2014, 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by WorldofWonders
I am in a similar situation so I called Air Canada to see if they have me as *G on their system and she confirmed that they do. Do the same and give a call to the airline directly.. They will be able to tell you...
Today I called NZ, SQ and UA, and none of them have me as *G in their systems. They even removed the TK and re-entered it to refresh the info but still nothing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.