Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TK to start BOS service in May 2014

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2013, 7:53 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob; AA ExPlat; Hilton Diamond
When they announced the route i saw somewhere that they will be using the A330-300 with the new business cabins, but checking my flight for June it shows a A340 now, so does it mean this route is also going to be a toss-up at the gate with the A333, 332 and 343?

I'm flying YYZ-BOS-IST, would it be worth it to switch to YYZ-MUC-IST? YYZ-MUC on LH is guaranteed flat bed right?
Old Nov 17, 2013, 8:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM

I faced this decision and will go with the AC suite. Longer flight = better sleep. Odd how this thread is turning into how to avoid taking the BarcaLounger but there it is....YYZ to IST direct.
Old Nov 17, 2013, 10:48 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob; AA ExPlat; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by pduck01
I faced this decision and will go with the AC suite. Longer flight = better sleep. Odd how this thread is turning into how to avoid taking the BarcaLounger but there it is....YYZ to IST direct.
Not interested in the AC herringbone config as I will be flying with my SO, plus we're not very impressed with AC soft product in general.

so.... YYZ-BOS-IST with the TK A333, 332, 343 tossup

or

YYZ-MUC-IST on LH? (is the new YYZ-MUC on LH guaranteed new business product?)
Old Jun 19, 2014, 11:19 pm

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
Just a reminder that flight 82 has been chronically delayed since launch, this week alone twice more than 3 hours otherwise delayed by 45 min - 1 hr on average (last night Thur and Mon).

What's going on at BOS? The incoming flight 81 all seemed to arrive on time.
Old Jun 20, 2014, 12:04 pm

Programs: Lots of them, no status
Originally Posted by vincewy
Just a reminder that flight 82 has been chronically delayed since launch, this week alone twice more than 3 hours otherwise delayed by 45 min - 1 hr on average (last night Thur and Mon).

What's going on at BOS? The incoming flight 81 all seemed to arrive on time.
I know! I've been watching, too, because I have a flight this summer. I mean is it really that hard to turn a plane around in 6+ hours between the landing of the incoming and the departure of the outgoing?!
Old Jun 20, 2014, 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by vicarious_MR'er
I know! I've been watching, too, because I have a flight this summer. I mean is it really that hard to turn a plane around in 6+ hours between the landing of the incoming and the departure of the outgoing?!
Correction, Thur (19th) delay was 4 hours (both departure and arrival). I dread the magnitude and frequency of delays going into winter/holiday periods when you'll have to factor in incoming/connecting B6 flights and weather. Ironically, out of JFK, 2/12 are usually delayed by no more than 1 hour with much shorter turnaround and ground times.

I probably would advise against taking 82 with same day connection at IST within 4 hours (BOS-IST-XXX) if this persists.
Old Jun 21, 2014, 2:31 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by vincewy
Correction, Thur (19th) delay was 4 hours (both departure and arrival). I dread the magnitude and frequency of delays going into winter/holiday periods when you'll have to factor in incoming/connecting B6 flights and weather. Ironically, out of JFK, 2/12 are usually delayed by no more than 1 hour with much shorter turnaround and ground times.

I probably would advise against taking 82 with same day connection at IST within 4 hours (BOS-IST-XXX) if this persists.
On Thursday schedules were impacted by bad weather: http://www.turkishairlines.com/en-ie...er-in-istanbul
Old Jun 24, 2014, 11:20 am

For the first time, TK 82 departed Boston within 15 minutes of scheduled time and arrived on time (June 22nd and also 23rd), hope this trend continues.
Old Jul 6, 2014, 8:11 am

Does anyone know what time the check in counter open?
Old Sep 2, 2014, 10:54 am

Programs: AA Platinum, UA 1K, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Platinum Elite, Jetblue Mosaic
I was looking to book a few BOS-IST award tickets in J in January, 2015 and noticed that they are using the A340-300 on this route which I believe is the OLD business class seats. Has any one recently traveled this route in J?
Old Sep 30, 2014, 5:48 pm
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: UA1K, *G & Wife of UA1K MM
Meal service

Hi all,

We'll be flying BOS-IST in a few days in business. Obviously, the first meal service is a late night dinner. Anyone know what the 2nd one is? Breakfast? Lunch? Just curious.

Thanks.
Old Oct 3, 2014, 5:10 pm

Programs: Lots of them, no status

Breakfast
Old Oct 3, 2014, 11:10 pm

Thanks. Just got off the plane. Great food all around.
Old Oct 6, 2014, 11:51 am

Programs: JetBlue Mosaic, WN A List Preferred, Hyatt Globalest, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Spire
Type of Seat?

Does anyone know if the BOS flights now have the angled or bed seat? Is there a way to tell looking at the aircraft type or seat map?

Also the TK counters open at or just after 20:00 hours. We were there last night, a family member booked & bought tickets because they had trouble understanding and working with the TK phone reps. But tickets booked in person at BOS.
Old Oct 7, 2014, 6:16 am

Originally Posted by jetsetter
Does anyone know if the BOS flights now have the angled or bed seat? Is there a way to tell looking at the aircraft type or seat map?
Still the A340....angled flat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.