IAH-IST Service

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2013, 11:00 am

Programs: CO Platinum
Turkish uses the lounge in Terminal E.
Old Dec 23, 2013, 2:09 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus
Originally Posted by Hartmann
I did this roundtrip in April in Comfort Class and on the IAH-IST segment it was almost 100% full in Comfort, 100% in Y, and around 80% in C.

On the return, IST-IAH, Comfort Class only had 10-15 people in it, Y was fairly full, and C was half-full.

There is alcohol on the flight and the food was actually really good.

One note, when checking-in at IAH, be sure and give yourself a full 2 hours for the process. I showed up 1.5 hours before the flight and cut it close (even using the *G/Business class check-in).
I'm a bit worried now after seeing this post

I have 1 hr 45 min connect time between my SEA-IAH and IAH-IST flights on Feb 1 Saturday.

SEA-IAH arrives at terminal C and IAH-IST departs from terminal D. Booked as separate flights so I assume I need to collect my luggage and check it again.

I'll use the *G check-in. How busy is IAH in February? Do you think I can make it?
Old Dec 23, 2013, 7:07 pm

Programs: MR LT Platinum, HH Diamond, WN A-List,
Originally Posted by domineex
I'm a bit worried now after seeing this post

I have 1 hr 45 min connect time between my SEA-IAH and IAH-IST flights on Feb 1 Saturday.

SEA-IAH arrives at terminal C and IAH-IST departs from terminal D. Booked as separate flights so I assume I need to collect my luggage and check it again.

I'll use the *G check-in. How busy is IAH in February? Do you think I can make it?
If it is all on one ticket then is should be easy to check through from SEA. If it is a different ticket I would still try to ask your connecting airline if they would through check the baggage.
Old Jun 16, 2014, 1:16 am

Programs: Flying Blue Ivory (never use it), CoOnepass, DeltaSkymiles, AAdvantage
IAH check-in question

Hello

I'm flying IAH-IST-BRU in J in a few weeks. I was wondering from what time the check-in opens at IAH since I'm arriving from DFW at 1345, a full 6hours before TK leaves to IST?
Old Jun 16, 2014, 1:26 am

Programs: A3 Gold
If you get your bags checked all the way to BRU at DFW, then you should have no problem staying airside. Otherwise I remember back in March the TK desks in Terminal D opened 4hrs before the flight.
Old Jun 16, 2014, 2:18 am

Programs: Flying Blue Ivory (never use it), CoOnepass, DeltaSkymiles, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by AznMadSci
If you get your bags checked all the way to BRU at DFW, then you should have no problem staying airside. Otherwise I remember back in March the TK desks in Terminal D opened 4hrs before the flight.
Thanks! I'm actually flying with AA PBI-DFW-IAH and then on to BRU with TK!
Old Jun 16, 2014, 3:57 pm

Programs: DL, UA, WN, Amtrak, Hyatt, Accor
As an old airline employee, who has seen so many lost bags, I would be reluctant to check bags through on such an itinerary. I would check the bags from PBI-DFW-IAH and claim them. Then re-check with TK in IAH. Trust me, your bags will have a much better chance of arriving in BRU.

I'm always reluctant to check bags when there is a long layover and 6 hours in IAH is really long. There's too much opportunity for pilferage or just getting misplaced. I realize what I'm suggesting is a pain and means having to go through security twice and sitting around waiting for the TK counter to open, but it's still my considered advice.

Several years ago I bought itinerary tags at magellans.com. This is a pouch which attaches to your bag and you put a printout of your complete itinerary including all flights, hotels, contact information inside the pouch. I use the tag every time I check a bag, it's added peace of mind. I also put two copies of the itinerary inside the bag, one on top in the main compartment and one in an outer zipped pocket. You'd be surprised how often bags become "tag-offs," maybe not so common with the plastic adhesive strips they use now, but it still happens.
Old Jun 16, 2014, 7:05 pm

Programs: UA MM/Gold; WN A-list; HH something depending; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Dianne47
Several years ago I bought itinerary tags at magellans.com. This is a pouch which attaches to your bag and you put a printout of your complete itinerary including all flights, hotels, contact information inside the pouch. I use the tag every time I check a bag, it's added peace of mind. I also put two copies of the itinerary inside the bag, one on top in the main compartment and one in an outer zipped pocket.
Wow! And my wife thinks I'm over the top on this issue. I usually include a copy of itinerary plus emails and cells inside the checked bag, and in addition to my normal UA *G bag tag (on which I've written my email/cell), I use a "paper" one from the airline and write my PNR + flights + email + cell. Since we only check bags when flying international, it doesn't come up often, but you've made me feel better about my Monk'ish behavior. :-)

Slightly OT question (that may inform OP's decision): My assumption has been that bags checked super early just get held off to the side some place rather than in "working" stream of bags headed towards a queue up for a plane's hold. Is that true? Is there a standard practice (in your employee experience), or, say would LH or SQ do it differently than UA or AC?
Old Jun 17, 2014, 8:30 pm

Programs: DL, UA, WN, Amtrak, Hyatt, Accor
Originally Posted by abaheti
Wow! And my wife thinks I'm over the top on this issue... You've made me feel better about my Monk'ish behavior. :-)
When you've handled hundreds of lost bag(s) reports it does tend to make a person over the top about doing everything possible to ensure your own doesn't get lost. I've seen literally everything, including the honeymooner lady in Bali who never did get her bag the whole time she was at the small hotel where we were both staying.

Originally Posted by abaheti
Slightly OT question (that may inform OP's decision): My assumption has been that bags checked super early just get held off to the side some place rather than in "working" stream of bags headed towards a queue up for a plane's hold. Is that true? Is there a standard practice (in your employee experience), or, say would LH or SQ do it differently than UA or AC?
Most airlines open a flight for checkin four hours prior to departure. In my experience bags are sent straight to a holding area, where that is and how bags are held before a cart is designated for the specific flight would vary by airline. The bigger the airport the more risky it is to check bags early, think about all the baggage handlers arrested for thievery. I would have no idea how individual airlines vary in their practices.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 9:27 pm

Programs: A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Airfrancefan
Thanks! I'm actually flying with AA PBI-DFW-IAH and then on to BRU with TK!
Since you're coming from PBI, then like Dianne said, do separate check-ins. You can take the underground tram to connect between terminals outside security.
Old Jun 22, 2014, 5:32 am

Thanks for the info guys!

Found something else particular while browsing trough TK schedules on the IST-IAH route!

- Between IST-IAH all flights are operated by 77W except on Aug 2 and 4 where there is no flight TO IAH!
- IAH-IST all flights logicly show the 77W as well except on Aug 2 and Aug 4. Big difference is unlike IST-IAH that's not operating IAH-IST is showing a 343!

My question is if that's a software-glitch or there is another reason for this (I'm supposing they aren't flying those 343's empty to IAH) ? Quite intersting since I'm doing IAH-IST on Aug 4

Anyone know more?
Old Jun 22, 2014, 6:12 am

Programs: LH Sen, PPS, FB Platinum, Enrich Silver, SPG Plat
Expertflyer shows both ways an A343 for IST-IAH-IST. Too bad as this means old seats...... Seat map also shows the Airbus.....
S
Old Jun 24, 2014, 4:42 am

Yeah, Too bad for the old seats!
At least its nice to log a 343 before it gets to rare in the log!
Old Jun 26, 2014, 9:04 am

Programs: UA 1K
That is surprising that they are flying the older A343. Every trip I have taken IAH-IST has been on a 777. Maybe because they are phasing out comfort class?
Old Jul 10, 2014, 6:30 am

Originally Posted by DFW-SEN
Expertflyer shows both ways an A343 for IST-IAH-IST. Too bad as this means old seats...... Seat map also shows the Airbus.....
S
Hmmm... 3 weeks after my question it's still IST IAH is still unbookable, should I get worried?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.