Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Have Turkish Airlines really lost it with these op-up procedures?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Have Turkish Airlines really lost it with these op-up procedures?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2014, 5:14 am

Originally Posted by johhenrik
No, I think it would be me to be honest, not LH4114 (thatjonasguy on Instagram). I don't fly TK economy that often anymore, so I can't really say, but I used to buy TK comfort class and I was often upgraded between ARN and IST. Never on long haul though. I have even been upgraded when Eco wasn't full.
ah, i had you two mixed up

seems pretty random doesn't it. Maybe it depends on the personal connection between the frequent flyer and the gate agents.
Old Sep 15, 2014, 6:15 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK*Elite+, EBD, FBG, EKS, IHG Royal Ambassador
Maybe it is up to the outstation and that ARN is a bit more liberal. But, ARN-IST is very often oversold, especially during the vacation period of the year. I noticed one flight a couple of months ago where they upgraded Star Alliance Silver even. I overheard the GA telling the guy who got a new BP that due to the fact that he is *S, he got upgraded on this full flight.
Old Sep 15, 2014, 6:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by johhenrik
No, I think it would be me to be honest, not LH4114 (thatjonasguy on Instagram). I don't fly TK economy that often anymore, so I can't really say, but I used to buy TK comfort class and I was often upgraded between ARN and IST. Never on long haul though. I have even been upgraded when Eco wasn't full.
Haha yes, I haven't flown TK nearly as much as you have
Now when I think of it, the feeder segment in a Comfort Class itinerary books in Y, and since they go after booking class within the same status group I guess the combination of Y fare code and Elite Plus puts you at the very top on the upgrade list.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.