Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Paid lounge at IST

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2014, 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by vicarious_MR'er
The primeclass lounge that is immediately at the top of the escalator near the food court area is the one i used. It has showers and a few (3 or 4) pod-like chairs you could snooze in, but first come, first served on this, of course. I was pleased with the lounge, though. I haven't used any of the others, so I cannot compare for you.
This is the Primeclass and not Wings Primeclass, right? Was it $27, like starflyergold said?
Old Nov 9, 2014, 5:19 pm

Programs: Lots of them, no status
Paid lounge at IST

I wish I knew which t was (wings or not), but I don't. I think it was 40€ to get in. We had two kids with us and a long time to wait (like you), so I felt it was well worth it. IST terminal is a zoo.
Old Nov 9, 2014, 5:26 pm

Just looked at the terminal map. It appears it was the primeclass and not wings that I was in.
Old Nov 10, 2014, 8:58 pm

Originally Posted by vicarious_MR'er
I wish I knew which t was (wings or not), but I don't. I think it was 40€ to get in. We had two kids with us and a long time to wait (like you), so I felt it was well worth it. IST terminal is a zoo.
Thanks for your reply!

Was the 40 euro per person?
Old Nov 11, 2014, 11:04 am

Originally Posted by degas
Thanks for your reply!

Was the 40 euro per person?
Per adult. My kids got in free because of their ages. (I think it's 6 or 7 and under are free. Kids a little older than mine pay half price, i believe.)

The Primeclass folks were running a special for a while which I believe accounts for the stories of 27 dollars/euro/whatever entry. I don't think that is in effect anymore -- or at least it wasn't when I was traveling through.
Old Nov 11, 2014, 10:23 pm

Programs: A3*G, TK*G
If you are a smoker the millenium lounge is the best choice because 80% of the times you can get their free wifi from the smoking area. No idea about other lounges.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 10:48 am

Programs: AA ExP (former HP/US), Marriott (former SPG) Lifetime Platinum, and most other major hotel programs
As a US Airways 100,000 mile flyer, I used to have access to the Turkish Airlines CIP lounge at IST, but since becoming part of AA's 1W Alliance, I no longer do. My wife and I will have a layover in IST in June and was hoping to get into the CIP lounge. Is it possible to pay to get in, or are we out of luck?
Old Nov 25, 2014, 10:53 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by PhoenixCMC
As a US Airways 100,000 mile flyer, I used to have access to the Turkish Airlines CIP lounge at IST, but since becoming part of AA's 1W Alliance, I no longer do. My wife and I will have a layover in IST in June and was hoping to get into the CIP lounge. Is it possible to pay to get in, or are we out of luck?
The TK CIP lounge can't be accessed on a pay as you go basis. You have to rely on the other lounges at IST.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 11:13 am

Programs: AA ExP (former HP/US), Marriott (former SPG) Lifetime Platinum, and most other major hotel programs
Originally Posted by starflyergold
The TK CIP lounge can't be accessed on a pay as you go basis. You have to rely on the other lounges at IST.
Thanks for the info ... When were were *A, we enjoyed the TK CIP lounge several times and would love to go there again when we return to Turkey. Are any of the other lounges of comparable quality? We are both 1W Emerald and Priority Pass members . . . how is the quality of their lounges?

I will be flying on an award ticket on TK (using leftover UA miles), with a layover in IST between flights. Was planning to fly coach but, depending on the length of the layover, I might get my wife a Business or First ticket if that will allow her to bring me into the TK lounge with her.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 11:17 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by PhoenixCMC
Thanks for the info ... When were were *A, we enjoyed the TK CIP lounge several times and would love to go there again when we return to Turkey. Are any of the other lounges of comparable quality? We are both 1W Emerald and Priority Pass members . . . how is the quality of their lounges?

I will be flying on an award ticket on TK (using leftover UA miles), with a layover in IST between flights. Was planning to fly coach but, depending on the length of the layover, I might get my wife a Business or First ticket if that will allow her to bring me into the TK lounge with her.
You will have to use PP, none of the other lounges have the wow factor, more akin to regular biz lounges (better than US clubs of course).

If you fly in business you will of course get access.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 6:12 am

Programs: FB Gold - M&S Gold
Any recent experience with those lounges?

I'm doing some kind of mileage run in 4 weeks to reach TK Elite but since I will be travelling in Y, I won't be able to access TK lounge. Even though my connexions won't be very long, I was evaluating my options and wondering if anyone had tried those paid lounges recently.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 12:28 pm

Programs: TK E+, AA PLAT
Originally Posted by Enthilza

I'm doing some kind of mileage run in 4 weeks to reach TK Elite but since I will be travelling in Y, I won't be able to access TK lounge. Even though my connexions won't be very long, I was evaluating my options and wondering if anyone had tried those paid lounges recently.
I've been to the Prime Class below the food court when traveling BA. It's alright but have no idea of cost to get in, but I would say unless you have a long layover it is not worth it
Old Jun 29, 2016, 12:44 pm

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by Enthilza

I have accessed them frequently. I have gone to the one downstairs in the basement under the food court a couple of times. It is much smaller than the TK lounge. They charge different amounts - I am not sure if it has to do with time, day, volume, etc. They tell you up front what it costs. I have always opted to buy while flying economy (couldn't bear IST without some lounge). They have a bar area, food - always some lunch/dinner type options but nothing very extensive, coffee, drinks, fruits, etc. Sofas, a large table for working, decent wifi, power sockets, ipads hooked to sofas for you to use. Toilets are limited (just 1 or 2, but a bit nicer than TK lounge's toilets since it's more of a 1-person washroom) - usually a line. They have showers, usually no line. They give you some amenities for the shower.

It was good enough for me to spend for it, between longhauls, and make IST more bearable (I've typically had 4-6 hours to kill).
Old Jun 29, 2016, 10:00 pm

Programs: FB Gold - M&S Gold
Thanks for the precious info Gobus and Boosh. That's exactly what I was looking for.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 3:00 am

Programs: TK E+, AA PLAT
Originally Posted by Gobus
It was good enough for me to spend for it, between longhauls, and make IST more bearable (I've typically had 4-6 hours to kill).
I will have to agree with you on that one. 3-6H and I'd pay for entrance, if it is not crowded. It's a horrible lounge when it gets busy. 6H+ and I would either pop into town or get a hotel room.

What do they charge for entrance??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.