Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Paid lounge at IST

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2010, 8:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I generally prefer the BA lounge especially when flying other carriers as it is "all mine" but one needs a BA Gold Card for that.
Old Mar 27, 2011, 1:51 pm

The lounges appear to be airside on the departures level. Can I access them upon arrival at IST while still airside? I'm hoping to use the HSBC lounge where I assume there will be an ATM.
Old Mar 28, 2011, 6:31 am

Programs: TK Miles &Smile Elite, Star Alliance Gold
Originally Posted by kilic16slx
BY Star Alliance Lounge, maybe Prime Class Lounge was mentioned, since on that level Millenium, HSBC and Prime CLass Lounges are there. Prime Class Lounge serves for Priority Pass Holders.

Having the access for Garanti Zone, HSBC and Millenium, I always prefer Garanti Zone, probably because my card allows two for that Lounge and I find it more silent.

I don't like the TK Lounge, it is always very loud.
I have to agree, I do have access to most all lounges at Istanbul Ataturk Airport and I must say that TK lounge ( which can be used by Star Alliance members as well) gets really crowded to the point of not being able to find a seat. And of course very loud. Garanti Zone lounge can be a good option as it is less crowded and quite. Millenium Lounge being used by almost every single airline and getting walk-in customers gets extremely busy and it is much smaller than TK lounge.
Somehow can be quite relaxing tough very small the Prime Class Lounge, where TK hosts its First Class customers. It is a silent place and has what you need.
Throughout the airport catering for lounges has done by the same company therefore same food and choices, of course one lounge can have a bit more or less. But it is the same.
( we are talking about the International Terminal).
Old Mar 28, 2011, 11:35 am

Originally Posted by UpInTheAir
The lounges appear to be airside on the departures level. Can I access them upon arrival at IST while still airside? I'm hoping to use the HSBC lounge where I assume there will be an ATM.
Yes - Airside. Yes - Bank atm in the lounge.
Old Mar 29, 2011, 8:13 am

Programs: LH/BA/DL
Originally Posted by UpInTheAir
I think you need a boarding pass for a departing flight to get access to the departure level after your arrival. There is a BP check right before you go up the escalator.
Old Mar 29, 2011, 11:39 am

Programs: AC SE
does amex plat get you admittance to the garanti lounge? or do you have to pay?
Old Mar 29, 2011, 12:53 pm

Programs: TK Miles &Smile Elite, Star Alliance Gold
Originally Posted by 300rwhp
does amex plat get you admittance to the garanti lounge? or do you have to pay?
only if it is a local amex issued by Garanti Bank. If you have a priority pass that might come with Amex Platinum you could use Prime Class Lounge...upstairs next to Millenium..
Old Apr 25, 2011, 11:34 am

Programs: Air Canada Elite
Thumbs down Istanbul Lounge closed for star alliance gold members

Saturday April 23,2011 arrival at 5 am from DAC via Karachi. Lounge was closed for renovation, all Star Alliance Gold card members were refused entry to the alternative Lounge .Unless you fly Business you are out of luck. Our connection to YYZ was at 11.30 AM.Turkish airlines could not careless, they do have a contract with Star Alliance to accommodate its Gold members. We did not have to use Turkish Airlines but we choose it because we are a member of the Alliance . Beware of Turkish Airlines they make their own rules .
Old Apr 25, 2011, 12:20 pm

Programs: AS Gold, UA 2P, SPG Plat
Do you need a HSBC credit card or is a debit card sufficient for entry at IST?
Old Aug 30, 2011, 12:59 am

Any recent updates regarding the paid lounges in IST?
Old Sep 8, 2011, 3:58 am

Programs: Hyatt: Diamond; SPG: Gold; UA Platinum; BA Silver; EK Silver
Which lounges have shower facilities?

From the website, it looks like PrimeClass lounge and Wings PrimeClass lounge are the only lounges with showers. Can anyone confirm? I know the new TK lounge has showers, but I will be in Y class so will need to access a paid lounge.
Old Sep 9, 2011, 9:09 am

Programs: TG*G, SQ, QF
I am writing this sitting with my son in the TK lounge while my wife is currently in the upstairs Prime lounge at the other end of the departure hall... as I could only guest one visitor in with me on my *G card.

The Prime lounge has a single shower and is very basic (according to the text my wife has just sent me) but for 15euro, if you want a shower and somewhere to sit for a while, then this is a viable option...
Old Sep 10, 2011, 2:52 am

Originally Posted by cmdsea
I am writing this sitting with my son in the TK lounge while my wife is currently in the upstairs Prime lounge at the other end of the departure hall... as I could only guest one visitor in with me on my *G card.

The Prime lounge has a single shower and is very basic (according to the text my wife has just sent me) but for 15euro, if you want a shower and somewhere to sit for a while, then this is a viable option...
I am at IST now waiting for my flight to Tbilisi. I went up to the 3rd Floor Prime lounge. The Euro15 charge is a promotion on during 10AM-8PM. The normal charge they say is Euro35. It is indeed just one shower room with WC. It is the only WC there, so if you linger in the shower there could be knocks on the door from others waiting to use the loo. But the lounge is so small that there are less than 10 people there at any time. There are no proper towels in the shower, only a thin big paper towel.

I've come down now to the their sister lounge on the 2nd Floor since it is bigger and has a better business center. The snacks here are also marginally better. Excellent mini-brownies!
Old Sep 10, 2011, 11:04 pm
fadynaime

Programs: TK Elite Miles&Smlies, Jet Blue, Platinum medallion, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by BoSoxinBkk
I am at IST now waiting for my flight to Tbilisi. I went up to the 3rd Floor Prime lounge. The Euro15 charge is a promotion on during 10AM-8PM. The normal charge they say is Euro35. It is indeed just one shower room with WC. It is the only WC there, so if you linger in the shower there could be knocks on the door from others waiting to use the loo. But the lounge is so small that there are less than 10 people there at any time. There are no proper towels in the shower, only a thin big paper towel.

I've come down now to the their sister lounge on the 2nd Floor since it is bigger and has a better business center. The snacks here are also marginally better. Excellent mini-brownies!
How much is Entrence to their sister lounge and can I user my priority pass there. Is this the one in the end of the hall towards the Turkish lounge?
Old Sep 11, 2011, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by fadynaime
How much is Entrence to their sister lounge and can I user my priority pass there. Is this the one in the end of the hall towards the Turkish lounge?
I didn't check the price at the sister lounge. But if you can get in to the upstairs lounge for Euro15 and that includes use of the sister lounge, then I assume the sister lounge costs E15 as well.

This lounge is all the way at the other end of the terminal from the TK lounge. It is one floor below the food court with Burger King.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.