Wiki Posts
Search

PreCheck at ORD

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2013, 9:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: QFF
Precheck/Priority AAccess ORD lane

Just went through the small ORD T3 Precheck/Priority AAccess lane. The Precheck side was a lot longer then the Priority AAccess side. Some pax were moved through the gate to the MMW because the WTMD was backing up, with the gate keeper calling "precheck" to the MMW operator each time.
Old Nov 4, 2013, 10:49 am
Moderator: Information Desk, Women Travelers, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by Himeno
Just went through the small ORD T3 Precheck/Priority AAccess lane. The Precheck side was a lot longer then the Priority AAccess side. Some pax were moved through the gate to the MMW because the WTMD was backing up, with the gate keeper calling "precheck" to the MMW operator each time.
I find that it's somewhat common on Monday mornings at ORD (and other places, I presume) for the PreCheck line to be longer than the PA line. After all, most of the people who are flying on Monday mornings are uber-frequent fliers who have status and are likely to qualify for PreCheck.
Old Nov 7, 2013, 11:03 am

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by chgoeditor
I find that it's somewhat common on Monday mornings at ORD (and other places, I presume) for the PreCheck line to be longer than the PA line. After all, most of the people who are flying on Monday mornings are uber-frequent fliers who have status and are likely to qualify for PreCheck.
True story. Monday at 5am in ORD T1 is brutal for PreCheck, although last time I did that, Checkpoint 4 was a little shorter than Checkpoint 2. It seems most people aren't aware yet that CP 4 also has a PreCheck line now.
Old Nov 7, 2013, 12:58 pm
Moderator: Information Desk, Women Travelers, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by gobluetwo
True story. Monday at 5am in ORD T1 is brutal for PreCheck, although last time I did that, Checkpoint 4 was a little shorter than Checkpoint 2. It seems most people aren't aware yet that CP 4 also has a PreCheck line now.
As I commented to the guy in front of me in line the other day, "Isn't it ridiculous that we're willing to stand in a longer line for the privilege of not taking off our shoes?"
Old Nov 7, 2013, 4:56 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus Silver, Nexus, Global Entry
Went through Pre✓ at ORD Terminal 1 this morning. Was my first experience with it.

What was frustrating was that Pre✓ Took longer to get through than the 'regular' line. Once you got to the X-Ray and Metal Detector things went fast, but it took a long time to get to the ID check.

Guy behind me in the queue was pretty angry that he couldn't cut out of Pre✓ and into the regular security line. He then became enraged when he was asked to remove his jacket at the metal detector, after the TSA woman manning the queue told us three or four times to keep our jackets on.

Luckily my flight was from B9 so not much pain once I was through.

(Had tremendous sympathy for the ID Checker as well - Each time he scanned a Pre✓ boarding pass his scanner emmitted the obligatory three loud beeps. I told him that must drive him bananas and he muttered "Thanks - Givin' me a headache, man.")
Old Nov 8, 2013, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by chgoeditor
As I commented to the guy in front of me in line the other day, "Isn't it ridiculous that we're willing to stand in a longer line for the privilege of not taking off our shoes?"
And to avoid scope and grope
Old Nov 12, 2013, 8:27 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Platinum Premier
More travelers being "trusted" means longer lines, I guess.

ORD, T3 is my home base, and I couldn't live without TSA Pre.

How long before a TSA PRE Pre for the Elites and Road Warriors?
Old Aug 21, 2015, 4:12 pm

Programs: status free since 2017
PreCheck at ORD

I am flying out on AS metal around midnight from ORD. Even though BP shows TSA pre, it is most likely only one lane is going to be open. What can I expect? AA elites get to use "Express Security Line" at Checkpoint 8 and 9 (ORD). Not sure if that would be open at that hour.

Couple of months, I flew out of T3 around 10pm and only 1 lane was open for everyone. Needless to mention, it was annoyingly long an slowwwww.

Would anyone have an idea what should I be expecting in terms of lane closures and if I can atleast get quasi-precheck? Or anything faster than regular security line?
Old Sep 24, 2015, 10:18 pm

Precheck AA at ORD

Does anyone have information on when precheck at ORD T3 closes in the evening? Normally flight out of (and know) the MDW times, but haven't flown out of ORD in some time. Some old threads suggest between 7 and 8. Does anyone know if this is still true?
Old Sep 25, 2015, 5:17 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by chessman
Does anyone have information on when precheck at ORD T3 closes in the evening? Normally flight out of (and know) the MDW times, but haven't flown out of ORD in some time. Some old threads suggest between 7 and 8. Does anyone know if this is still true?
The one I use most often there -- that being when flying AA out of ORD -- was closed by 7:30pm (if not even 30 minutes earlier), when last I needed it this month.
Old Nov 14, 2015, 11:49 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Wanted to update this with my experience, since I've been burned now twice at ORD T3 with Precheck on Saturday evening flights.

Multiple sources indicate the Precheck line in ORD T3 aka Checkpoint 8 is open in Precheck mode until 730p. After 730, it is open until 1030p in a mode where laptops and liquids must be pulled out of your bags being xrayed, however you *may* still pass through the WTMD if you scan your boarding pass on the standalone scanner right where your bags go in to the scanner. The TSO manning the WTMD will then recognize the beeps, and allow you through the WTMD instead of the NoS. Some TSOs think this doesn't work for mobile boarding passes (no clue why), but it worked just fine for me.

Also, the big "Precheck" sign that normally sits at the entry to the Precheck line is wheeled away when it is no longer operating in Precheck mode.
Old Jul 3, 2016, 4:26 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, 6.0 MM, Marriott LT Platinum
Still 7:30 tonight, as far as anyone knows?

Originally Posted by aschuett
Wanted to update this with my experience, since I've been burned now twice at ORD T3 with Precheck on Saturday evening flights.

Multiple sources indicate the Precheck line in ORD T3 aka Checkpoint 8 is open in Precheck mode until 730p. After 730, it is open until 1030p in a mode where laptops and liquids must be pulled out of your bags being xrayed, however you *may* still pass through the WTMD if you scan your boarding pass on the standalone scanner right where your bags go in to the scanner. The TSO manning the WTMD will then recognize the beeps, and allow you through the WTMD instead of the NoS. Some TSOs think this doesn't work for mobile boarding passes (no clue why), but it worked just fine for me.

Also, the big "Precheck" sign that normally sits at the entry to the Precheck line is wheeled away when it is no longer operating in Precheck mode.
Old Jul 3, 2016, 9:05 pm

Programs: NEXUS/GE
According to ORD's TSA page, the Pre line for T3 closes at 7:30, for both CP7 and CP8.
http://www.flychicago.com/OHare/EN/A...formation.aspx
Old Jul 19, 2016, 9:08 am

ORD Terminal 5 Pre available?

I'm going to be traveling through ORD on a layover next week, and am wondering if there is a Pre-Check lane going into Terminal 5 (international terminal). Anyone have any recent experience with this? Thanks!
Old Jul 19, 2016, 10:39 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by tardevil
I'm going to be traveling through ORD on a layover next week, and am wondering if there is a Pre-Check lane going into Terminal 5 (international terminal). Anyone have any recent experience with this? Thanks!
PreCheck is only available to passengers of participating airlines:
I don't know it there are TSA PreCheck lanes in T5; however, you may want to first check if the airline that you are flying participates in the PreCheck program. The only foreign carriers currently participating in the program are Aeromexico, Air Canada, Etihad Airways and WestJet.

Last edited by TWA884; May 25, 2017 at 4:25 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.