Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Constantly need to input KTN?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2015, 11:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: Lifetime Plat/4mm miles, Starwood, HiltonHonors

Have been getting pre-check 95% of the time for the last two years, based soley on EXP tier on AA (I assume). Was informed I had to formally buy in ($85) and did so a few weeks ago, then input the KT number into my AA profile when it arrived in the mail. First trip since then today, no pre-check icon on my AA mobile BP. Stop at the front desk at BNA, they confirm the KTN is in my profile. Agent inputs it into my record, bingo, suddenly BP prints with pre-check icon. Agent says shouldn't need to do that, it should automatically populate. Anyone having a similar issue? Do I need to manually input the number into each record, for each flight? Is it a TSA issue or an airline issue? (If I ask them they will blame each other.) Thanks.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 1:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL Silver, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Danwriter
Have been getting pre-check 95% of the time for the last two years, based soley on EXP tier on AA (I assume). Was informed I had to formally buy in ($85) and did so a few weeks ago, then input the KT number into my AA profile when it arrived in the mail. First trip since then today, no pre-check icon on my AA mobile BP. Stop at the front desk at BNA, they confirm the KTN is in my profile. Agent inputs it into my record, bingo, suddenly BP prints with pre-check icon. Agent says shouldn't need to do that, it should automatically populate. Anyone having a similar issue? Do I need to manually input the number into each record, for each flight? Is it a TSA issue or an airline issue? (If I ask them they will blame each other.) Thanks.
I fly AA almost exclusively and haven't had a problem with PreCheck and my KTN. It's part of my profile and I haven't touched it since the first time I added it to the account.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 1:42 pm

Programs: BA Silver; Hilton Gold; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Marriott Gold
Was this a flight you booked before or after you added the KTN to your profile? As I understand it, flights booked before won't get the KTN auto-added but flights after will.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 1:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Make certain that the name associated with your KTN matches the name in which you book your tickets. By "match" I mean letter-for-letter and space-for-space. If it doesn't, you will have to go through this rigamarol every time.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 3:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lifetime Plat/4mm miles, Starwood, HiltonHonors
Originally Posted by SpammersAreScum
Was this a flight you booked before or after you added the KTN to your profile? As I understand it, flights booked before won't get the KTN auto-added but flights after will.
This sounds like a valid response. I'm sure I bought the ticket a month ago or so, before I received my KTN. I'll make sure to use the front desk for flights this Friday and Sunday, then compare the experience with May's intineraries, which I purchased last week. Thanks.
Old Sep 19, 2015, 2:49 pm
RNE

Anybody know if having done a stint in a Martian penal colony will be an issue during a background check?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.