Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

I'm not getting Pre-Check as often

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2015, 9:07 am
Original Poster

For those of you who wonder why you aren't getting Pre-Check as ofter and you don't have a KTN. This blog will give you some background.

http://blog.tsa.gov/
Old Mar 28, 2015, 9:47 am

You can enroll at Delta's hub airports during a longish layover. It takes about 30 minutes. You need a passport or birth certificate.

Costs $85 for 5 years ($17/year!)
Old Mar 28, 2015, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
TSA announced they would be putting the squeeze on non-Known Travelers a long time ago, at the same time they started pushing their own paid program.

I also predict a move over to TS/S.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 9:57 am

Programs: DL DM+(segs)/MM, UA Ag, Hilton DM, Marriott Ti (life Pt), TSA Opt-out Platinum
The TSA announced this over a year ago.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
This is not a DL specific issue and I am moving this thread over to the Trusted Travelers forum.

RSSrsvp - Moderator
Old Mar 28, 2015, 10:29 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
This is not new and was announced when TSA announced its own pre-check program. Over time, the pilot program in which OP is enrolled will be phased out.

A better deal than the TSA program at $85 is Global Entry at $100. Gets you both expedited processing at CBP and pre-check.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 10:48 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL Silver, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Often1
This is not new and was announced when TSA announced its own pre-check program. Over time, the pilot program in which OP is enrolled will be phased out.

A better deal than the TSA program at $85 is Global Entry at $100. Gets you both expedited processing at CBP and pre-check.
+1 My wife and I are both enrolled in GE for exactly the reasons offered. Also helped that at the time we looked at the programs there wasn't, and still might not be, a local PreCheck enrollment center but there was one for GE. Avoiding the hassle of trying to schedule an appointment during a stopover at some other airport or driving 200 miles to the closest PreCheck office was well worth the additional $15 each.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 11:25 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
I had my first no-TSA Precheck at HNL with AA last weekend despite being GE member. AA Agent re-entered the number and still did not come out.

When I got to LAX the USAirways agent re-printed the BPs and Lo - it was there. Odd!
Old Mar 31, 2015, 4:48 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL Silver, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Markie
I had my first no-TSA Precheck at HNL with AA last weekend despite being GE member. AA Agent re-entered the number and still did not come out.

When I got to LAX the USAirways agent re-printed the BPs and Lo - it was there. Odd!
Could have been a computer glitch or you could have been randomly non-selected.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 6:08 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Markie

Since the PreCheck LLL determinations are based on what the airline files for a given flight and what the USG kicks back at time of attempted check-in/re-check-in on a check-in basis that hits most directly the primary flight for the check-in effort, your kind of outcome has taken place before in rather systematic ways at that, more so on multi-carrier itineraries.

Was this multi-carrier trip, by any chance, all on a single ticketed PNR whose trip originated outside of the US? If so, that seems to increase the odds of this kind of situation arising.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.