Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry interview: LAX or Long Beach?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2014, 10:35 am
Original Poster

Hey guys

I want to schedule my GE interview but thought I'd ask around to see Airport i should be going to? Maybe it doesn't matter, I dont know. Can't hurt to ask.

thank you
Old Sep 16, 2014, 3:39 pm

Programs: NEXUS/GE
Choose the one that has appointments that fit your schedule.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 10:08 am
Original Poster

Wow interviews are booked til December? I read that it was easy to get apps?
Old Sep 17, 2014, 10:15 am

Programs: Global Entry, UA, AA, BA, DL, Bonvoy
Did you note that the Global Entry Enrollment Center in Long Beach is not at the airport (LGB)? It's downtown.

http://www.cbp.gov/global-entry/enrollment-centers
Old Sep 17, 2014, 10:36 am
Original Poster

This is where I'm going:

Enrollment Center: Los Angeles -Long Beach Seaport
Address: 301 E. Ocean Blvd Room 805, Long Beach, CA, 90802
Old Sep 17, 2014, 3:30 pm

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
I did it last week. Easy peasy. I happen to live across the street so walked over and they took me early. Very low-key.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 10:45 am

Programs: United 1K/Platinum
My husband and myself went to Long Beach in March 2014. The phone number provided
for this downtown location is not answered and when we told them about it they just ignored it. There are dozens of agent standing around and talking about their next lunch break and what to order. It's just a very annoying experience. After our fingerprints were taken and we were asked 2 questions each it was done. After a few days we received letters in the mail that both of our applications were rejected. We went back and wanted to know why but were not given specifics. I wrote a letter to CBP Trusted Traveler Ombudsman at the address provided but got no response or even an acknowledgment of my letter requesting a review of our applications. We wasted our money for their abuse. This is another Obama scheme to generate more money from hard working people to support his "make work" program. We very seldom travel internationally, maybe once every 2 years.
I am not very happy with this program
Old Oct 27, 2014, 1:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL Silver, Global Entry
Originally Posted by buzzfunk
Wow interviews are booked til December? I read that it was easy to get apps?
Just keep checking the website and specific office for better dates. My wife and I moved our appointments two or three times from as long as 90 days away to a week to ten days away. All those changes to better earlier and better times took place over a four or five day period so literally it changed almost every time we logged in. While we didn't use Long Beach or LAX I have to say it couldn't have been any easier or quicker at our local office. Agent was friendly and we talked more about being Federal employees than GE or going through the interview process.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 11:14 am

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by hawaiibound1
This is another Obama scheme to generate more money from hard working people to support his "make work" program. We very seldom travel internationally, maybe once every 2 years.
This begs the question of why you signed up for it if you only travel internationally once every 2 years?

I hope you didn't share the above sentiments during your interview - that may have had something to do with not being approved...
Old Oct 22, 2015, 4:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by OskiBear
I did it last week. Easy peasy. I happen to live across the street so walked over and they took me early. Very low-key.
Thanks for your constructive review. The "Long Beach Seaport" label is a total misnomer as the address is very much in DTLB instead of at the seaport. (I'll be heading there too from my home in Long Beach.) Go Bears!
Old Oct 28, 2015, 2:49 pm

Programs: HH D, AS MM/MVPG for life/AL, Awesome Wipes VIP Club, NEXUS, Hertz 5-Star Gold
Originally Posted by hawaiibound1
My husband and myself went to Long Beach in March 2014. The phone number provided
for this downtown location is not answered and when we told them about it they just ignored it. There are dozens of agent standing around and talking about their next lunch break and what to order. It's just a very annoying experience. After our fingerprints were taken and we were asked 2 questions each it was done. After a few days we received letters in the mail that both of our applications were rejected. We went back and wanted to know why but were not given specifics. I wrote a letter to CBP Trusted Traveler Ombudsman at the address provided but got no response or even an acknowledgment of my letter requesting a review of our applications. We wasted our money for their abuse. This is another Obama scheme to generate more money from hard working people to support his "make work" program. We very seldom travel internationally, maybe once every 2 years.
Don't blame you. If I had this experience, I would be writing my Congressional delegation to complain about the lack of service and request support in getting an answer.

Congressional inquiries do get attention. As a former Fed with FAA, I got to prepare answers to many of them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.