Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Global Entry - New Passport

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2012, 8:48 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by mre5765
And old GE members don't have one. Hence my question.
You can buy one for $15, although I don't see the reason to do so unless you have land crossings.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 8:50 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by Cathay Boy
I would think (and hope) that they would rather honor the GE card rather than a sticker....
Sure - presumably if you don't have your non-stickered new passport and there's a problem, and you show your GE card, you could get front-of-line privileges as well.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 11:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by drewguy
Sure - presumably if you don't have your non-stickered new passport and there's a problem, and you show your GE card, you could get front-of-line privileges as well.
Follow up question: does that only work with yourself or can you take your whole family with you up front (wife and kids)?
Old Nov 20, 2012, 5:34 am

Programs: DL DM
Just yourself... unless they have GE too. Kids under 14 are free to sign up though.
Old Aug 2, 2013, 7:10 am

Global Entry program - traveling with a new passport.

I now have a new passport since my old passport that had the CBP sticker and was used for enrolling in the Global Entry program expired. I read that CBP stickers have been discontinued but do I still need to take my new passport to the enrollment center? I have updated the information about the new passport online.

Thanks,
JS
Old Aug 2, 2013, 8:46 am

Programs: AA EXP, National Exec., SPG Gold, AmEx Plat
Hi Joe,
As long as you've updated your information in GOES, there is no need to return to an enrollment center. As you mention, the stickers have been discontinued (though, strangely enough, I received one at my interview last week).
Old Aug 2, 2013, 10:33 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by LondonIce
Hi Joe,
As long as you've updated your information in GOES, there is no need to return to an enrollment center. As you mention, the stickers have been discontinued (though, strangely enough, I received one at my interview last week).
I thought they had to scan the passport an an enrollment center before you could use a new passport at a kiosk.
Old Aug 2, 2013, 10:48 am

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by cheltzel
I thought they had to scan the passport an an enrollment center before you could use a new passport at a kiosk.
Nope. I actually went to an enrollment center to do so, and the guy said it's not necessary and to just update the number online.

So I did that. A couple weeks later arrived back from AMS and used the GE kiosk with no issues whatsoever. Total breeze.
Old Aug 4, 2013, 12:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Wirelessly posted (Apple iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_1_4 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10B350 Safari/8536.25)

I would play it safe and stop by your nearest GE enrollment center at the next convenient opportunity, just to verify that the new passport is properly registered in the system. When I got a new passport a couple of years ago and updated the numbers in GOES, I stopped be an enrollment center and the officer still wanted to swipe the new passport in his system. He also gave me the sticker at that point. No appointment needed; just walk in.
Old Aug 4, 2013, 10:19 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by ESpen36
Wirelessly posted (Apple iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_1_4 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10B350 Safari/8536.25)

I would play it safe and stop by your nearest GE enrollment center at the next convenient opportunity, just to verify that the new passport is properly registered in the system. When I got a new passport a couple of years ago and updated the numbers in GOES, I stopped be an enrollment center and the officer still wanted to swipe the new passport in his system. He also gave me the sticker at that point. No appointment needed; just walk in.
That's what I was told by the CBP at ORD when I renewed my passport earlier this year.
Old Aug 4, 2013, 3:54 pm

That's what I was told by the CBP at ORD when I renewed my passport earlier this year.
I was told the exact opposite at ORD in June of this year. Oh well, up to the OP to decide.
Old Aug 5, 2013, 1:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EXP, AA-0.41MM, UA-Gold, Ex UA-1K (2006 thru 2015), PMUA-0.95MM, COUA-1.5MM-lite, AF-Silver
Originally Posted by gobluetwo
Nope. I actually went to an enrollment center to do so, and the guy said it's not necessary and to just update the number online.

So I did that. A couple weeks later arrived back from AMS and used the GE kiosk with no issues whatsoever. Total breeze.
Originally Posted by ESpen36

Originally Posted by gobluetwo
I was told the exact opposite at ORD in June of this year. Oh well, up to the OP to decide.
CBP procedures vary by station and officer. Stickers (inside US passport, outside US passport, on green card, on foreign passport, stickers discontinued, stickers still being used), ID check after kiosk, no ID check after kiosk, etc.

You bring your new D.L., passport, green card, etc. to the GE office and the worse they can do you is scream at you. You fail to do that, and the worse they can do to you is strip you of GE.

I know what I do.
Old Aug 6, 2013, 11:37 am

Programs: IHG Spire, National Exec, AA Plat
I renewed mine last December. Got the new passport in the mail and updated it on GOES. On my next trip through DFW, I stopped by and they entered the info and said they saw I had already updated it. They put the sticker on it, and away I went. <5 mins in the office.
Old Aug 7, 2013, 1:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, HHonors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite
I just went to the GE office at SFO to update my DL and asked the CBP officer about updating a new passport. He said I "absolutely" have to bring it in to an enrollment office to get it scanned.
Old Aug 7, 2013, 2:18 pm

So basically, do it if you want to be extra safe, or you can follow my and LondonIce's examples and just update online without a visit to the enrollment center. Like I said, I had no issues using GE for the first time, no less, after entering my new passport info online only and not having it scanned at an enrollment center.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.