Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

UK Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 22, 2022, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Print Wikipost

UK Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2012, 7:55 pm

Originally Posted by Lolbert
I received an invite, completed the form and submitted it a couple of weeks ago. My application is showing as "pending" on the website. Anyone know how long it typically takes before I get approval to arrange an interview?
How did you get an "invite" ??? Id like one!
Old Dec 13, 2012, 10:48 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by HighLife
Correct. You can go through the whole of the long online form and then right at the end it will ask you for a police reference number / application code. You will not be allowed to continue without these.
Wish I'd checked this thread before going through the long online form

I can obtain the police certificate number but I don't have a promotional code. Complete waste of twenty minutes. It would be useful to have a check-list at the start or something pointing out that unless you have been issued a promotional code there's no point in going any further.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 10:52 am

Programs: BA GGLfL
I rang GGL and asked for one as I knew of a colleague who had been offered one.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 11:06 am

I rang GGL and asked for one as I knew of a colleague who had been offered one.
According to the gold line (just called) there were only a grand total of 40 promotional codes issued during the trial period which has now ended. You did well!
Old Dec 13, 2012, 11:10 am

Good afternoon,

Thank you for contacting U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP).

We apologize for the inconvenience. We encourage applicants to check the eligibility requirements prior to applying for membership to be sure of their possible eligibility. You may view the eligibility requirements on www.globalentry.gov. Unfortunately, there are no more promotional codes available.

Thank you for your interest in CBP.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 11:12 am

Originally Posted by golfmad
According to the gold line (just called) there were only a grand total of 40 promotional codes issued during the trial period which has now ended. You did well!
Except that I filled out the lengthy form, sent off for and received a Police certificate and paid my $100..........and for the 6 weeks subsequently nothing has happened!
Old Dec 13, 2012, 11:16 am

Except that I filled out the lengthy form, sent off for and received a Police certificate and paid my $100..........and for the 6 weeks subsequently nothing has happened!
Have you tried using the complaint/comment form on the CBP website? I put in a comment a few minutes ago expecting never to hear again and received a human response back before the kettle had finished boiling. They might be able to shed some light on your application?
Old Dec 13, 2012, 11:22 am

Originally Posted by golfmad
Have you tried using the complaint/comment form on the CBP website? I put in a comment a few minutes ago expecting never to hear again and received a human response back before the kettle had finished boiling. They might be able to shed some light on your application?
Thanks - I'll try
Old Dec 13, 2012, 1:30 pm

Thanks - I'll try
Amazing - I sent a question email to CBP then got an acceptance email allowing me to make an interview appointment within 30 mins!
Old Dec 13, 2012, 1:40 pm

Amazing - I sent a question email to CBP then got an acceptance email allowing me to make an interview appointment within 30 mins!
Brilliant. I was equally amazed at the speed of response today. Great outcome.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 1:41 pm

If any GGLs out there have a promotional code that they don't want to use I'd be happy to take it off your hands...
Old Dec 17, 2012, 5:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt
Has anyone gotten a code via AA or other US carriers? Would love to get one for my partner.
Old May 12, 2013, 3:02 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, HH Gold
Bumping this thread to see if anyone else has had an update or news of if/when the Global Entry program will be opened up to all UK passport holders. Any info would be much appreciated, particularly with the current waiting times for immigration in the US.

Thanks!
Old May 12, 2013, 3:06 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
I managed to secure a code from UA, just before their batch expired on 31 March. I guess we'll have to see if the trial is extended. German nationals can, I believe, apply for a scheme which partners with GE, via the German Police in Frankfurt.
Old May 12, 2013, 5:04 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Markie
I managed to secure a code from UA, just before their batch expired on 31 March. I guess we'll have to see if the trial is extended. German nationals can, I believe, apply for a scheme which partners with GE, via the German Police in Frankfurt.
You were lucky with that one - congrats. I tried with AA but to no avail. Am hoping they open this up soon as I read recently that Israel and Saudi Arabia will soon be able to apply http://www.politico.com/story/2013/0...ers-89448.html

I'm surprised that with the close ties the US and UK share that we haven't been further up the list of approved countries.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.