Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry approved, then immediately revoked

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2013, 6:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta FO

Did my interview at San Ysidro. Received my card in the mail a couple weeks later. Went online to activate it. Would not activate. Looked at the notices posted and it appears that a few minutes after sending the approval email, they sent a message revoking it, saying that I did not qualify for Sentri. Well, I don't know what Sentri is really, and I certainly did not apply for it. I've sent 3 emails to the email contact listed over the past few weeks, but no response.

Guess I'll drop into the office at LAX and try to ask some questions. Anyone been through this or any insight on what I might expect?
Old Nov 11, 2013, 7:04 am

Programs: Delta Kryptonium
You did something wrong - Sentri (which includes GE) is the special status to allow speedy entry into Mexico, or into the US from Mexico (like Nexus for Canada). To get Sentri you have to be approved by both the US & Mexico. I have Nexus, but I think Sentri also has an additional requirement that you have to register a car & have it inspected by Mexican authorities.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 1:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta FO
That's what I was thinking, even though when I was interviewed at the US-MEX border, the agent and I never discussed Sentri. Sounds like some wires got crossed. Thanks for your response.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 1:50 pm

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
rubesl is correct. I looked at that, too, and realized I'd never want to use it. I almost accidentally selected it, though, when applying online, so wonder if that happened to you. Or maybe that there was an assumption that you'd also want SENTRI, given your proximity to Mexico.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.