How to add photos to reports?

Subscribe
Quote: Also depends on the settings in your own profile:- My flyertalk, settings & option, edit options (tick the last box)

You have the option to show or hide various elements of messages, which may be of use to users on slow internet connections, or who want to remove extraneous clutter from posts.
Show Signatures
Show Avatars
Show Images (including attached images and images in [IMG] code)
Thank You! ^

I'm now able to read all the great TR's that people post without have to go into a clicking frenzy to look at the photos.....
... but then images are not shown when you use the print feature of trip reports. If you like to print a trip report, the images are only shown as link (while I see them in the report as images).
Quote: How to imbed your photos depends on the host site you are using.
Does this mean that there's no way just to put them into FT? I don't use a host site.
Coincidentally, sbm12 detailed just yesterday how to use the Flyertalk Gallery here.
On a side note, which photo site is good to post photos ? I saw many flyertalkers use flickr and photobucket. And one person mention photobucket can even resize your photo. Which one is better ? Or any other suggestions ?
ORDnHKG, you might want to see the Good Photo Hosting Sites on the Web?" thread in the Travel Photography forum.
Sorry, I am just picking up really slow.

I saw the insert image icon on here just makes you type in the URL, which means for those have a photo hosting site.

I think the easiest thing is like other sites for you to make your own profile, there is somewhere for you to upload your photo from your computer/USB, when you click upload, then it can go to search a file in your computer, you click what you want, and upload. Is there anyway to do this ?
Ah... you want FT to "host" your image? That is not possible "in-thread", but there are a few places on FT that you can host an image.

On your profile page, you can upload an image for your avatar and another for your profile. Click "My FlyerTalk", then on the left side, "Edit Profile Picture" or "Edit Avatar". If you are a premium subscriber, you can upload additional images in your Albums.

You can also use the FT gallery (see sbm12's post here).

The URL for an Album or Gallery image can then be posted in a thread to show the picture.
Oh ok, thanks.

So another question is the FT gallery better or using a photo hosting site ? I want to have photos inside my thread rather than a link.

Right now I just signed up for photobucket, it seems like it is quite slow to upload a photo. With so many photo I have, I think it will take more than a hour to do that, is that normal ?
Limit to amount of pictures for TR
Hi,

I just tried to put up a TR, but I was not allowed to because there were more than 10 images in the TR? Is this new?

How are we suppose to write a TR with pictures with such limitations?

Any clue on this?

Thanks.
Hi
I am considering writing a TR with quite a number of good shots. Is it true that there's a limit of 10 images per TR as mentionned above?
It's twenty images.

Remember though that smileys count as one as well. Just post more than one post on your thread if you have too many.
It's actually 20 per POST. If you have 10 posts you can have up to 200 images.

Please just keep them below 50Kb for those who maybe need to use dial-up.
What's the optimal size for photos?
I tried to place smaller photos, but the detail is not so good. Then, when I place bigger photos, it pushes the text out of the field. In order to read the text in these big photos, one has to use the bottom scroll bar to read, which is very annoying.

What is the optimal size to put the photo in the screen, not so big that the text is outside the field, yet not so small that the details are lost?
Quote: I tried to place smaller photos, but the detail is not so good. Then, when I place bigger photos, it pushes the text out of the field. In order to read the text in these big photos, one has to use the bottom scroll bar to read, which is very annoying.

What is the optimal size to put the photo in the screen, not so big that the text is outside the field, yet not so small that the details are lost?
I believe 800 pixels wide is the recommended max size to keep the FT format from scrolling.
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  12