Wiki Posts
Search

OasisHongkong Airlines Inaugural flight

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2006, 12:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Qatar Airways
Hi

I need some HELP finding a programme I can load my pics on adn than add to the report.

Any easy options (iam not a great computer person).
iAM SORRY People, but unless I can do drag and drop or something easy, I cant post the picks, Iam not computer friendly adn get very frustrated with some of this things!

Ive tried flicker, but have NO IDEA what iam supposed to be doing, tired another site, but that was jsut as awkward for me.

this stuff does not come naturally to me.

NO UNKIND REMARKS THANKYOU

Can I send someone the pics and they can host them ?????
Old Oct 29, 2006, 1:19 pm

Programs: BA emerald, AF rouge ,UA premier executive, SQ,ANA, HYATT,, AMENITI
Welcome to the club
Old Oct 29, 2006, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Great report! ^

Originally Posted by Qatar Airways
Can I send someone the pics and they can host them ?????
YHPM!
Old Oct 29, 2006, 5:33 pm

Programs: UA-Million Miler, AA, CX, Shangri-La, Hyatt, HH, Bonvoy
Qatar Airways, I did see you on a news report on local HK news on my Cathay flight to Beijing on Saturday. Will be e-mailing you some photos soon too.

Else,

Everything was great on the flight. I became the first person to make the round-trip on the airline (first flight to LGW and first flight from LGW). Unlike the outbound trip to London, people mostly slept on the flight to Hong Kong. There was a cake from the catering service in LGW on-board, but that was the extent of the excitement (but they did give model airplane to Biz passengers, and a certificate to all passengers about being on first flight to HKG).

Food service was good. I was in Business Class both ways (upstairs for flight from HKG and 19 H in front row of nose for flight from LGW), but had the economy class meal coming back cause I wanted to see how it was. It was a little simpler than the Biz class, but still pretty good.

They have personal TV's in all the seats in both classes, and a flight route map on one channel, and that was fine too.

They will have a few bumps getting ready, but I think they will iron them out.

For the deal, I think people will like the airline. They plan on flights to Oakland, Calif. which I will love. I know that aircraft are tough to get now cause of delays with the A380, but that should work out I hope. Cause even though they don't have a frequent flyer program, the cost is worth it.
Old Oct 29, 2006, 5:41 pm

Where did the used 747-400 come from?

Where did Oasis get the plane(s) ? I know it is a used aircraft.
Old Oct 29, 2006, 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by zman
Where did Oasis get the plane(s) ? I know it is a used aircraft.
Ex-Singapore Airlines.
Old Oct 29, 2006, 7:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Here are the first pics. More will be coming tomorrow.
Old Oct 29, 2006, 9:01 pm

Programs: Cruise addict and AirBNB Plat :)
Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
nice pics so far!
Old Oct 30, 2006, 3:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by davidpix
Qatar Airways, I did see you on a news report on local HK news on my Cathay flight to Beijing on Saturday. Will be e-mailing you some photos soon too.

Else,

Everything was great on the flight. I became the first person to make the round-trip on the airline (first flight to LGW and first flight from LGW). Unlike the outbound trip to London, people mostly slept on the flight to Hong Kong. There was a cake from the catering service in LGW on-board, but that was the extent of the excitement (but they did give model airplane to Biz passengers, and a certificate to all passengers about being on first flight to HKG).

Food service was good. I was in Business Class both ways (upstairs for flight from HKG and 19 H in front row of nose for flight from LGW), but had the economy class meal coming back cause I wanted to see how it was. It was a little simpler than the Biz class, but still pretty good.

They have personal TV's in all the seats in both classes, and a flight route map on one channel, and that was fine too.

They will have a few bumps getting ready, but I think they will iron them out.

For the deal, I think people will like the airline. They plan on flights to Oakland, Calif. which I will love. I know that aircraft are tough to get now cause of delays with the A380, but that should work out I hope. Cause even though they don't have a frequent flyer program, the cost is worth it.
Old Oct 30, 2006, 3:54 am
Original Poster

Hey David,

I made the News AGAIN................................... lolololo, Two News papers in Hongkong, The Internet and The TV (My 5 mins of fame)

I think Stephen should Hire me for Oasis, can you put a word in for ME ??? SERIOUSLY

Glad you had a Good trip back, Hope we can meet up for a chat and Goss about the flight etc ?

I look forward to seeing those pics you took,

you can reach me at [email protected]

Did you ask how people felt about the possibility thay thought the fligth was also gonna be Cancelled ?

Mark
Old Oct 30, 2006, 3:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Just curious, didn't see you mention if there is any amenity kit in business ? What brand of product they use ? The lounge they use in HKG is it Plaza Premium or Travellers lounge ? Thanks
Old Oct 30, 2006, 7:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
Just curious, didn't see you mention if there is any amenity kit in business ? What brand of product they use ? The lounge they use in HKG is it Plaza Premium or Travellers lounge ? Thanks

There are TWO onbaord kits (to purchase), smaller one contains inflatable neck pillow, sleeping mask,inflatable lumbar pillow,in flight refloxology sox and ear plugs. comes in cute bag with handle.

larger one same as above, plus LED light pen and SOMO molton goodies.
larger with zip pockets and folds out.

HK$375 /£25.00/Eu40.00/US$50.00

There are basic amenities onbaord for Biz class pass (eyeshades/toothbrush/paste)

lounge is CNAC VIP lounge
Old Oct 30, 2006, 9:53 am

Thanks for the report

Qatar Airways...

Thanks for the report!
The CNAC VIP lounge is actually not too bad...
The amenity kit seems to be expensive, but I assume it is not a typical airline's amenity kit....

Just curious about the meals:
I guess it is safe to assume it is a "no menu" flight... but are the food pretty much served all at once? I guess you can't expect a full five course meal, but do they at least serve appetizer and/or dessert separately?

Thanks,
Carfield
Old Oct 30, 2006, 2:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
More pics!
Old Oct 30, 2006, 3:50 pm

Programs: DL silver and UA silver
Eco pictures?

Are there some pictures of Eco cabin?

I only can afford Eco...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.