My trip to hell and back

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

My trip to hell and back

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2017, 1:45 pm

Programs: United Premier, Air France Silver, AAdvantage, Matmid Gold
Something similar just happened to me yesterday. Flying through MEX from EZE to YYZ. All was fine until we boarded the second plane, to Toronto, and then I was overcome with such sudden nausea, I had to run at full speed to the bathroom. After copious vomiting, I went back to my seat, to tell my girlfriend I think we should get off the plane. Before I could get those words out, I had to run back to the bathroom, and vomited again.

The second I emerged from the bathroom, we were told to get off, by the flight attendant.
We were told by the gate agent to grab a seat and wait while they got us sorted for the flight.
And again, I had to run. No bathroom nearby, so I had to run to a garbage can.

Vomited again, and again, and again, into this trash can. After the 5th bout, I collapsed to the floor. And continued to be sick, on the floor for a half hour while waiting for aeromexico/airport staff to come.

Not one of my finer moments, at all. Eventually help arrived, my vomiting subsided, and we were brought out of the terminal, to re-book the flight and get a hotel. At no point before this became catastrophic, did I have any indication of being sick. Nor was I inebriated.
Cost me 2k in flight changes and hotel bookings.

Fever started a few hours later.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 6:06 am

Programs: Executive Club Silver, Kestrelflyer Silver, FlyingBlue & Expedia+
Oh it's one of those pleasures of flying, sadly in an aluminium tube at thousands of feet but nature is nature when you gotta go you gotta go. I'm hoping your feeling a lot better know and hopefully made other people feel better that they're not the only one it happens too sometimes!

Not as bad as you but I used to get violent air sickness when I was younger and the occasional upset stomach, Imodium and Litres of water are a god send in situations in like that. I'm amazed BA let you fly! they are usually strict when it comes to stopping things spreading you are really lucky in that sense.

My uncle recently almost got held in Dubai on Emirates because of heart issues he felt ill on the incoming flight they sent him to hospital during his connection and almost stopped him from boarding his connecting flight. Luckily they let him on and gave him a free upgrade to relax in the end.

I saw your bit about getting the name of the wheelchair agent in Heathrow, it's actually prompted me to reply I used to work for the company a few years ago I believe it's still under Omniserv. If you want the name of the agent Omniserv's contact information is on the Heathrow Special Assistance site they keep logs of agents and the passengers they carry for quite a while if you like just drop a brief message and they should find the name for you

Lastly as you share the same birthday as me, Happy Belated Birthday!
TravisMT81 and kathykathy like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.