Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

A trip to Denmark with the "new and improved" BA business class......

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A trip to Denmark with the "new and improved" BA business class......

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2017, 12:45 am

Programs: BA Bronze, Emirates Silver, Virgin Silver, Marriott Titanium
Jeez the best thing about that flight up to Dyce seemed to be the views! Not sure its worth the money to upgrade.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 12:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Mucci de buveur de gin
Originally Posted by camsean
Intresting TR. Thanks for posting.
Thanks! ^
Old Apr 26, 2017, 12:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by offerendum
Thanks! Really a great great product
Haha, I know. I think that BA have already made some improvements to the product after a lot of complaints.

Originally Posted by nequine
Jeez the best thing about that flight up to Dyce seemed to be the views! Not sure its worth the money to upgrade.
I know. And not even some pretty crew to look at.....
Old Apr 27, 2017, 3:53 am
Original Poster

The new lounge which BA uses at Copenhagen is a MASSIVE improvement over the old Apartment lounge which we used to get thrown into. The Eventyr lounge is situated in Terminal 2 at Pier C just above Gate 26 (I think). Relatively easy to find, up a few flights of stairs (or the lift if you are feeling lazy). I was welcomed in and loved the wide, open, bright space of the lounge which had some great tarmac views and views of both arriving and departing aircraft.

There are lots of different seating areas - some hard seats with tables beside the windows, some high seats and also some comfy booth seating.

And the views.......!

The earlier BA flight was just getting ready to leave as I was settling down with a beer.

There was an ample selection of food and drink - some Thai chicken soup, a selection of meats, cheeses, breads and vegetables (along with Halal meat too), wine dispensers, a choice of three beers on tap (not a bottle in sight!) and the usual selection of soft drinks.

I enjoyed my time in the lounge along with some nibbles and a few pints of IPA. A much improved facility for BA passengers!

It didn't take 2 mins to get from the lounge to the gate where there was a massive scrum of people boarding - no sign of priority queue in sight! The flight was uneventful. I had the cold platter which now appeared with a cheese plate on the side - presuming that this was down to the amount of complaints that BA got. I mean, this is a 6.15pm flight - dinner time for most people - and a few thin slivers of chicken and ONE prawn along with a spoonful of potato salad really is a bit of a joke if you ask me. As I said earlier, on this flight before the changes came into effect, I would have got a hot main course which was, more often than not, of pretty good quality.

After a few whiskies, we started our approach into London. The flight took a bit longer than normal due to some very strong headwinds which slowed us down a bit.

I made my way to the FLounge in T5 where I satisfied my hunger with a few plates of food and some bubbles.

Nice flight back up to Aberdeen with the whole of the front row to myself which was nice.

"Dinner" tonight was the salad (which I had had coming in from CPH) or the beef and jalepeno Panini. To mix things up a bit, I went for the Panini which, apparently, doesn't come with a cheese plate, only a tub of water creamy dessert mix...... Great job, BA!

So, all in all, I had a great weekend away. However, the BA changes to catering on this route left me with a sour feeling in my mouth, especially given that I had paid for CE before the changes came into effect and not knowing about the drop in service levels which was about to hit. There was absolutely nothing wrong with the service on CPH flights before if you timed them right (if you wanted to avoid afternoon tea). The offerings now for lunch and dinner when you used to get a hot meal before are an insult. The changes to catering on the longer BA flights are, I think, being quite well received. However, it's this middle band of flights which have seen the offering take a nose dive. It's nice getting something small on the domestic flights which only take an hour or so but there are still improvements to be made. Let's see how long until more changes are proposed by BA.......

Thanks for reading this short report. Feel free to check out my Instagram for some more travel pics, most recently a short hop to Bergen!
Old Apr 27, 2017, 5:47 am

Programs: BA Bronze, Emirates Silver, Virgin Silver, Marriott Titanium
Sounds like its even more of a reason now to avoid flying BA if you can from what you've posted.

Another good report from you.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 6:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Really nice pics. Pity CE is now even more a pile of crap than it was before on many routes, saying domestic CE is an upgrade is highly amusing considering you can buy a more substantial sandwich down the back and they plate a domestic breakfast that was offered to every Y pax. As you said "Great job, BA". I think when Management came up with this they were having a good old laugh at the stupid pax who would pay for it.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 1:32 pm
formerly southsidesilver

Programs: BA Gold, UA Silver, HH Diamond
That was potato salad on the first flight ? wow, I thought it was mayonnaise.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 3:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nequine
Sounds like its even more of a reason now to avoid flying BA if you can from what you've posted.

Another good report from you.
Thanks nequine. Yeah, I think that BA need to start to up their game a bit. We know that won't happen though....

Originally Posted by hugolover
Really nice pics. Pity CE is now even more a pile of crap than it was before on many routes, saying domestic CE is an upgrade is highly amusing considering you can buy a more substantial sandwich down the back and they plate a domestic breakfast that was offered to every Y pax. As you said "Great job, BA". I think when Management came up with this they were having a good old laugh at the stupid pax who would pay for it.
Thanks for reading hugolover. Domestic CE was basically what you used to get in economy with a bottle of cheap fizz thrown in lol.

Originally Posted by When I Travel The World
That was potato salad on the first flight ? wow, I thought it was mayonnaise.
HA! Yeah, there washy much potato in it...... Another great move by BA!
Old Apr 30, 2017, 11:18 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Another nice trip report stu1985 and I think you're right to highlight what others are saying - those shorter ex-band 3 flights have taken a hammering with the catering.

The problem is BA have alienated both economy and premium paying passengers now, so it's more tempting to look around. Great management from BA!
Old May 1, 2017, 12:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by headingwest
Another nice trip report stu1985 and I think you're right to highlight what others are saying - those shorter ex-band 3 flights have taken a hammering with the catering.

The problem is BA have alienated both economy and premium paying passengers now, so it's more tempting to look around. Great management from BA!
Thanks very much headingwest. Let's wait with baited breath to see whether BA listen to any of the feedback from passengers!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.