Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

Five hours in Tallin – Finnair from LHR via HEL, including A350.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Five hours in Tallin – Finnair from LHR via HEL, including A350.

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2017, 5:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by florens
I think it was 5h08 or so. Actually it was booked for 5h00 but was delayed by a few minutes.

Enjoy!
Looking at a receipt from an earlier stay I got an Uber from the Hilton at 05:18 and arrived at the airport at 05:25. All for EUR 4.43.

When I had an afternoon flight I just walked to the airport. Uber may be cheap but it's good to get some exercise, you can walk there in under an hour. I think it took me 40 mins. It's not a difficult walk but I'd not do it for such an early departure.
Old Feb 16, 2017, 5:57 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Thanks for the TR.
Old Feb 16, 2017, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by layz
When I had an afternoon flight I just walked to the airport. Uber may be cheap but it's good to get some exercise, you can walk there in under an hour. I think it took me 40 mins. It's not a difficult walk but I'd not do it for such an early departure.
Good shout, may do that on the way back.
Old Feb 16, 2017, 11:52 am

Programs: BAEC
Thanks for a great report, I'm off to TLL this Saturday returning Sunday. I'm staying in the Old Town and will probably try to get into Hell Hunt.
Old Feb 16, 2017, 2:08 pm

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Excellent report, LondonAndy - looking forward to a trip next month, coming back from HEL after getting the ferry from Tallinn and spending a couple of days in Helsinki
Old Feb 17, 2017, 5:05 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Thanks for sharing!
Old Feb 20, 2017, 3:25 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, VA Gold,
Very enjoyable TR LA. Such a shame you didn't get to see the beautiful city I live in. Next time.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 4:06 am

Programs: BA Silver | Hilton Diamond | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite | IHG Platinum Elite | Radisson Gold
Thanks for the great trip report LondonAndy Where you in seat 1A on the A350? I'm currently booked in that seat but not sure if I should change due to the single window.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 9:43 am

Programs: BA Gold AVIS Presidents Club
Not the best piccy but this is 1A and 2A on the AY 350 - albeit en route HEL to HKG! Im a creature of habit and just cant help taking 1A when available. Confirm that there is only 1 window in 1A & 2 in 2A etc as shown. Also I think there is some sort of plinth on the floor of 1A just below the small cubby hold foot shelf thingy. Cant remember that being there when I sat in 3A a while back. Either of the single seats are very very nice. Enjoy.

PS Tnx to LondonAndy for a very informative report. Currently deciding whether to attend the Tallin Do...Probably be a Definitely maybe.

OF
Attached Images  

Last edited by OldFruity; Feb 21, 2017 at 9:47 am Reason: Tnx
Old Feb 21, 2017, 10:07 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
I sat in 4A and 8L the weekend just past and the plinth was there in both of those seats too.

For wing/engine views it seems the last row in thr front cabin or first row in the mini J cabin (8A/L or 10A/L) are good. This is 8L
Attached Images  
Old Feb 21, 2017, 10:09 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
Certainly a popular destination at the moment, can't think why...

Thank you for sharing!
Old Feb 22, 2017, 4:11 am

Programs: BA Silver | Hilton Diamond | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite | IHG Platinum Elite | Radisson Gold
Originally Posted by OldFruity
Not the best piccy but this is 1A and 2A on the AY 350 - albeit en route HEL to HKG! Im a creature of habit and just cant help taking 1A when available. Confirm that there is only 1 window in 1A & 2 in 2A etc as shown. Also I think there is some sort of plinth on the floor of 1A just below the small cubby hold foot shelf thingy. Cant remember that being there when I sat in 3A a while back. Either of the single seats are very very nice. Enjoy.
Thanks OldFruity for the photo. Think I'll stay in 1A. I'm the same as you, if 1A is available I just can't stop myself.

Originally Posted by KARFA
I sat in 4A and 8L the weekend just past and the plinth was there in both of those seats too.

For wing/engine views it seems the last row in thr front cabin or first row in the mini J cabin (8A/L or 10A/L) are good. This is 8L
View looks great KARFA I'm in 10A for my second run and was thinking of moving further forward. On seeing this photo think I'll stay put.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 4:34 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by TreehouseTravlR

View looks great KARFA I'm in 10A for my second run and was thinking of moving further forward. On seeing this photo think I'll stay put.
After my trip last weekend I have moved one of my future bookings to row 10 as well to try that. I did think 10 was a bit too fare back, but now I think it may be better than row 8.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 8:24 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
thanks for the TR - looking forward to the 'lunatic' trip in May!
Old Feb 25, 2017, 9:50 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Just came across this. Thanks for sharing. 10 weeks to go for me!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.