Wiki Posts
Search

Showers at Dulles?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2002, 7:32 am
Original Poster

Showers at Dulles?

Hi All,

Going to Europe for a friends wedding. I am spending 12 hours in Washington DC (never been there before). I am hoping to take a shower and get cleaned up before hopping on the plane to Europe. Is there a transit hotel like in Singapore? Any shower facilities?

Thanks!

Richard
Old Oct 8, 2002, 8:55 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Silver
Richard, your best bet is going to be a local hotel... Dulles is not very friendly place for "transiting passengers".

The problem with dulles is getting there from DC, you are a ways outside the city...

I guess you could take the washington flyer to west falls church metro if your in the "tourist mode" - just make sure you leave enough time to get back to IAD... maybe some of our washington based guys can offer better suggestions...

Good luck - have a good trip.....

Doomed to Coach
Old Oct 8, 2002, 9:30 am
Original Poster

Doomed to coach,

Thanks for the reply. Sigh. Don't know what to do. I guess a handtowel and 5 minutes in the airport bathroom will have to do.

I really don't want to pay for a nights stay to take a shower at a hotel.

Richard
Old Oct 8, 2002, 2:30 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Richard4009:
Hi All,

Going to Europe for a friends wedding. I am spending 12 hours in Washington DC (never been there before). I am hoping to take a shower and get cleaned up before hopping on the plane to Europe. Is there a transit hotel like in Singapore? Any shower facilities?

Thanks!

Richard
</font>

Oops meant Marriott

[This message has been edited by h_united (edited 10-08-2002).]
Old Oct 8, 2002, 2:36 pm

[QUOTE]Originally posted by h_united:
[B]
Oops meant Marriott next to the Airport

[This message has been edited by h_united (edited 10-08-2002).]
Old Oct 8, 2002, 3:03 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Richard4009:
Hi All,

Thanks!

Richard
</font>
I'm going to take a guess and say you are flying United from LAX to Europe via IAD. Does United's Red Carpet Club allow people to purchase one day passes? If yes, then you might be in luck. I'm sure there are showers at the Red Carpet Club at IAD. You might be even able to use the one day pass at LAX also.

Old Oct 8, 2002, 3:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Accor Plat, Htz PC, Natl ExEm, other random status
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">I'm sure there are showers at the Red Carpet Club at IAD.</font>
Unless something's changed recently, no.

Greg
Old Oct 8, 2002, 7:17 pm

The airport hotel usually has day rates that give you a room(obviously) and access to hotel facilities(pool, fitness, etc) for less than a nights stay and about the same as a one-day club pass.

A great option if you want to shower and take a nap/watch TV, etc. before your flight.

jh
Old Oct 8, 2002, 11:54 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by greg99:
Unless something's changed recently, no.

Greg
</font>
You mean there are no showers at any of United's airport lounges at one of their biggest international hubs. How disappointing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.