Reload this Page >

Qatar FIRST A380 DOH-CDG. Krug, Krug & More Krug

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Qatar FIRST A380 DOH-CDG. Krug, Krug & More Krug

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2016, 5:39 am

Programs: BA GOLD/OWE BA Amex Prem Plus Tesco Airmiles Qantas Bronze IHG SPG Eithad
Thank you for sharing part of your TR, and agree with everyone that it is rather bad that you had to put up with pre-cooked food, with the lounge being so empty, they should make provisions and good to order, no one likes dried out food. The food definitely on the aircraft looked good, so it can be done even at 40,000 ft. The bar situation is not good, certainly just have one good champagne for both F and J pax to drink, never should there be in a general drinking area a differential for really what one should describe as high end fliers. Looking forward to next episode
Old Nov 17, 2016, 7:18 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Nice report... Thank you for sharing...
Old Nov 17, 2016, 11:17 am
formerly southsidesilver
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, UA Silver, HH Diamond
Thank you for sharing part of your TR, and agree with everyone that it is rather bad that you had to put up with pre-cooked food, with the lounge being so empty, they should make provisions and good to order, no one likes dried out food. The food definitely on the aircraft looked good, so it can be done even at 40,000 ft. The bar situation is not good, certainly just have one good champagne for both F and J pax to drink, never should there be in a general drinking area a differential for really what one should describe as high end fliers. Looking forward to next episode
Nice report... Thank you for sharing...
Thank you both. More F reports coming soon.
Old Dec 10, 2016, 1:04 am

Programs: BAEC GGL
Thanks for all your efforts in this TR southsidesilver. Absolutely love the photos and your prose, and the YouTube video was fantastic too- so well put together.
I'm flying QR F CAI-DOH-BKK next year, and can't wait for the A380 leg DOH-BKK, especially the Krug!
This had made me even more impatient!!!
Old Dec 10, 2016, 2:44 pm
formerly southsidesilver
Original Poster

Thanks for all your efforts in this TR southsidesilver. Absolutely love the photos and your prose, and the YouTube video was fantastic too- so well put together.
I'm flying QR F CAI-DOH-BKK next year, and can't wait for the A380 leg DOH-BKK, especially the Krug!
This had made me even more impatient!!!
Thank you very much. Glad you enjoyed the video and the report. Have a great flight with them to BKK on the A380.
Old Dec 10, 2016, 4:29 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
great TR and pics - thanks for sharing!
Old Dec 12, 2016, 7:14 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold
Interestingly, Taittinger Comtes de Champagne is the same price as Dom/Krug, so I don't understand why they don't just serve Krug at Al Safwa. My hunch is that a lot of people know the name Krug from the blogosphere so they will have a glass just for the hell of it, as opposed to actually appreciating it. So even though each bottle costs the same, they save money on the Comtes since fewer people drink it.
Old Dec 16, 2016, 5:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Nice TR and photos. Thanks for posting!

If the OP is still following this thread: Are there any particular reasons you rate CX F over QR F?
Old Dec 20, 2016, 1:24 pm
formerly southsidesilver
Original Poster

If the OP is still following this thread: Are there any particular reasons you rate CX F over QR F?
For me, i found the older CX seat to be more enjoyable than the QR F seat, and the CX F seat also more private. And the QR crew were fantastic, but I just found the CX crew to be more professional and Cathay's food was much better.
Old Dec 21, 2016, 3:39 am

Programs: LH Sen for life; QR Plat; FB Gold; Bonvoy Gold for life
Great report southsidesilver. It was a pleasure to meet you and chat with you on the flight. All the best for future travels and looking forward to future TRs.
Old Dec 21, 2016, 7:10 am
formerly southsidesilver
Original Poster

Great report southsidesilver. It was a pleasure to meet you and chat with you on the flight. All the best for future travels and looking forward to future TRs.
Thanks BobBHX, it was great to meet another flyer talk enthusiast on the flight.
Old Dec 21, 2016, 11:21 am

Programs: BA Gold, AF/KL Gold, Hilton Gold, Nordic Choice Gold
Enjoyable trip report and great pics!
Old Dec 21, 2016, 9:26 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by chris1979
great TR and pics - thanks for sharing!
Agree

Also nice insta - followed you ^
Old Dec 22, 2016, 12:25 pm
formerly southsidesilver
Original Poster

Also nice insta - followed you
Thank you

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.