Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GB Airways London-Malaga-London

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2001, 9:05 am
Original Poster

GB Airways London-Malaga-London

GB Airways (originally they used to fly principally to Gibraltar) is an airline that is a FRANCHISE of British Airways. The plane has British Airways colours and the crew have the same BA uniforms. I flew GB Air from London Gatwick to Malaga and back to London Heathrow. GB fly mostly to Morocco, Southern Spain and North Africa/Malta.

I arrived at Gatwick which is a very pleasant airport, nicer than Heathrow, for a 7PM flight to Malaga.

The flight was DELAYED 4 hours to 11PM due to mechanical difficulties. Apparently there were no BACK UP planes as 3 had to be repaired. GB Air have about 20 planes. I had a coupon for food. My meal was BAD at the airport coffee shop. I left most of my grilled cheese sandwich and the fries tasted of OIL.

We had to wait for a 737 to arrive from Malta. It arrived at about 10.15PM and were off at 11.15PM. We landed at Malaga at 3AM instead of 11PM originally scheduled.

The crew were VERY NICE. The 737 was COMFORTABLE. The food was quite decent. On the 3 hour flight they served chicken and some nut cake and cheese.

The return flight to London Heathrow was a VERY NICE comfortable AIRBUS 321 I believe. Its longer than the 320. We had a MAP of our trip so we could follow the flight. The crew were VERY FRIENDLY. On the 2 hour 40 minute flight they served chicken, a chocolate cake and cheese. Everybody got a newspaper on their seat.

We flew right over London which was nice and unusual. Could see the Thames, Parliament and Hyde Park.

Overall I liked GB Air though I think had the flight been on British Airways they would have had a BACK UP plane available as it is a bigger airline.

My luggage which was checked to New York arrived safe and sound which is important. In malaga they allowed me to take my hand luggage on the plane, which British Airways in London and New York had not permitted. What I like on British/GB Air is that if you make a CONNECTION they TAG the baggage TRANSFER. Also as my luggage was HEAVY they TAGGED HEAVY on it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.