Search

Trip REPORT: LAX-DEN-EWR

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 1999, 4:02 pm
Commander Catcop
Original Poster

Trip REPORT: LAX-DEN-EWR

Or will the Cat EVER get home.

My company changed the return trip to a stop over at DEN to save a few dollars. They saw the price for the DIRECT and said I can deal with a 40 minute layover at DEN.

Or so I thought.

The SHuttle by UA flight 720, The F-A was getting annoyed that people were there with more than two bags. She said "Just remember that your bags must fit primarily in the seat in front of you then the overhead. She growsed at me earlier when I asked if my upgrade cleared. She said "Well I guess you're oging to have to wait to find out."

I did NOT get upgraded and initaally they wanted to me in 19A. I told them I'm PREMEX and deserved a better seat. Moved up to the front, 5C.

Boarded ahead of everyone else. Got my bag in the overhed before the rush. And several cat fights over space.

We took off five minutes late becuase of the in-fighting. Then a 15 minute wait on the tarmac.

We got to DENVER 10 minutes late. So I say a half hour wait for UA 330.

We got to the gate and were told "At least an hour delay."

So I go to the Red Carpet Lounge and wait. They promised to announce the departure which surprised me.

It was somewhat crowded and some people for the EWR flight were already on their way to a morning after hangover. So this woman, Christine, wanting to get away from those obnoxious holics asks if she could sit next to me. Of course I accepted.

We spend the next two hours talking about our lives, our cats (mine two, her one) The RCC club, flying, Flyertalk (I'm trying to get her on) high school, travel, obnoxious people, life, love and friends. She has NOT been to Vegas and I told her to watch the boards for the next event.

I don't know if she was married or had a boyfriend. I never asked, I was too busy enjoying having a wonderful conversation with an intelligent person who wasn't drunk or crazy. I did not bring up the fact I was single (I thought the cat picture would prove I was)

So 9pm comes, the club's supposed to close, no plane.

So we walk to my gate and my heart broke: She had to go get her connection to CHICAGO

SO we said our goodbyes, I hope I got her business card (Can't find it!) and I think I gave her mine (We threated each other to wine, going against my no alcohol on business trips vow) and I waited another 45 minutes for my UA FLIGHT 733.

They say the plane will take off tonight. I got upgraded, only 3 people in First, and we took off.

I was so bummed by the whole experience I skipped the movie, the meal and spent the whole flight listening to new wave/beautiful music on U-A's headsets and drinking Four cokes.

Got to the airport about 8 am. I took a cab home and crashed.

Old Aug 18, 1999, 4:57 pm
Original Member

Programs: CO Plat, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold, Hertz President's Circle
I was too busy enjoying having a wonderful conversation with an intelligent person who wasn't drunk or crazy.
well, i guess that's meant to be an insult to me regarding our las vegas trip...
Old Aug 18, 1999, 6:44 pm
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Thanks Catman. Glad you're finally back for some well earned rest!
Old Aug 18, 1999, 7:30 pm

Catman!

I have a feeling she'll call you! Just a feeling, mind you!! Good luck with that!

Also, from the "see I told you" department, companies should never scrimp on direct v. layover...never! It almost always "costs" more in time and productivity!

Ronald
Old Aug 19, 1999, 7:51 am

Catman, I really hope you locate her business card. If not, I hope she received yours and feels it is appropriate to contact you!

Somehow, some way, during all this "wonderful conversation with an intelligent person" you should have found a way to let her know that you were single, and most importantly, unattached. That could have facilitated the situation by "increasing your odds," a theory you may have learned well during your Las Vegas adventures!

It sounds as if you enjoyed about two hours of pure paradise, a slice of heaven, or something similar. Savor and treasure those memories! And last but not least, it's better to have loved and lost, than never to have loved at all! Just call me, Dr. Limo.

[This message has been edited by MRLIMO (edited 08-19-1999).]
Old Aug 19, 1999, 2:22 pm
Commander Catcop
Original Poster

MileCrazy Bruddar, that certainly was not meant as an insult to you.

Remember, if two good buddies are feeling good and having a wonderful time then it does not matter what state they are in.

I let my hair down during leasure time. When I'm working it's all business. Maybe that's what impressed Christine.

And if she's reading this, please e-mail me for my "secret" phone #
Old Aug 19, 1999, 5:39 pm
In Memoriam

Forcing a connection instead of non-stop is bad enough, but when you're already taking a red-eye? They're sadists!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.