Reload this Page >

Key West Adventures

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Key West Adventures

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 1999, 5:15 am

Programs: UA Million Miler (mostly earned on CO)
Count me among the FTers who like Key West.

I am a native Miamian (Coral Gables, actually), and have been to Key West several times. I really enjoy the feeling of being at the "end of the country."

My Mom still lives in Southern Florida, so a PiP trip down there with some time in Key West sounds very tempting to me, too.

Beckles: I graduated from Coral Gables High in 1973. When I was a student, we used to play KWHS in football and basketball every year.

[This message has been edited by dgolds (edited 06-23-1999).]
Old Jun 23, 1999, 6:25 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
dgolds ~ The sports teams really had it rough, one school 50 miles away, another 100 miles away, and the rest 150 miles away ... made all of the away games a pain in the butt!

Rudi ~ You're not the first European to underestimate the size of the US. I read an article one time about the first US customer of Airbus, Eastern Airlines. Eastern was flying their Airbuses between Miami and New York and there were some Airbus techs here in the US making sure everything went well for them because they wanted the first US customer to look good. The techs however just didn't understand the distances involved, and couldn't understand why Eastern insisted on keeping some of the planes in Miami overnight instead of flying them all back to New York every night, because Miami and New York aren't *that* far apart, their both on the East Coast after all (this is what the Airbus techs said).

One weekend the Airbus techs decide to take a short road trip to upstate New York. After driving for eight hours they were still in the state of New York ... it was only at this point that they realized how great the distances were in the US after they could drive for eight hours and still be in the same state!
Old Jun 23, 1999, 10:52 am
EMD
Original Member
Original Poster

I'm in for a FT weekend in the Keys - but it can't be too soon - I need to keep my job and I won't if I don't stop taking off for long weekends. As to the Miami airport - if anyone read my rants and raves about my nightmare experiences with AA that weekend - a plush lounge, free beers and clean bathrooms have secured a place in my heart for MIA!!!
Old Jun 23, 1999, 4:49 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler (mostly earned on CO)
EMD: Key West in June, July, August, September would not be a PiP but a PiH! Best to visit South Florida in the winter!
Old Jun 27, 1999, 12:00 pm
Original Member

Programs: Delta Flying Colonel, Lifetime Silver Medallion, Million Miler
Key West Halloween paradre makes The New Orleans thing look like a girl scout parade.
It is amazing what you will see! Nice time of year for a party too.
Old Jun 27, 1999, 4:09 pm

Denise and I are going to Kew West for Thanksgiving.......so we've done a little research. Go to www.kwflorida.com/paradise.html and click on coupons for lots of free drinks and two for ones. If you play your cards right you may never have to pay for a drink.
Old Jun 27, 1999, 4:59 pm
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
During Halloween Key West is host to Fantasy Fest ... and having lived in both Key West and New Orleans I will say that during that week Key West does put even New Orleans to shame ... of course New Orleans is crazy year around, and just more so during Mardi Gras!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.