Wiki Posts
Search

NAWLINS & no zip in or out checkout

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 1999, 10:37 pm
Commander Catcop
Original Poster

NAWLINS & no zip in or out checkout

One of the things I really appreciate about belonging to several hotel guest programs is that my room and key are ready WHEN I check in and I can hit a few buttons on the t-v and check out.

Check in at the Dauphine Orleans took 20 minutes. I was tired and ready to fall asleep (actually I did about 10 minutes later.)
Check-out took a half hour because of guests checking in and guests having questions. LUckily I gave myself extra time because I waited 30 minutes just to get the bill and sign the credit card receipt.

It's the little things in the Frequent Flyer world that I love.

It also could be that the folks in NAWLINS take things a little slower. It's tough to adjust for a Yankee from JERZEE (until I have a hurricane!)
Old Apr 5, 1999, 9:25 am
Original Member

Hey Catman: Welcome back! Nice & concise trip reports, but we need a little "filler" between 4/1 & 4/4. Hurricanes do cause a loss of memory, but I doubt you had that, as you probably mixed in a "straight" Pepsi along the way. Let's hear about the restaurants, the details about the hotel, and a general editorial on your trip.
Old Apr 5, 1999, 10:29 am
Commander Catcop
Original Poster

JAWS... If I get a few more people interested in the rest of the trip report (I thought since the rest of this was non FF related that it should be omitted) I will fill in what details I can (and what details that are NOT CLASSIFIED!
Old Apr 5, 1999, 10:39 am
Commander Catcop
Original Poster

OK JAWS, I won't wait for more requests... here's a somewhat OMNI trip report on some of my adventures in NAWLINS...

Dauphine Orleans: a nice hotel, just a block from the heart of Bourbon St (and around the corner I believe from Patty O'Briens! and for the price you get continental b-fast, afternoon tea, newspaper, coupon for two cocktails (being the nice guy I am I saved one for my buddy MileCrazy to help him from his drive from Florida!)

There's also a consierge at the hotel who can help with reservations.

The staff is very friendly and helpful... they have the real NAWLINS spirit.

There are several other nice hotels around the French Quarter (Rudi help me here... what is YOUR favorite hotel there?)

OMNI to JAWS: As I checked out, a "Mr. & Mrs. West" checked in... any relation?

Rooms are actually nicer than some of the chain hotels (Holiday Inns, Quality Inns.)

What I found a bit strange was that Holly and her friend Claire's room rate (they shared a room) was less than mine. It's another oen of these "let's tack on a penalty for being a single guy!" But I wrote it off.

Must things to do in NAWLINS:
*Eat! (and diet before among the best places: Commander's Palace for jazz brunch.
Also (if you wnat to spend a pretty dollar
Emeril's restaurants especially Delmonico (no S) where Holly, Claire & I had the tasting menu.
*take a riverboat cruise. We did the Creole Queen with dinner included (and the WORST hurricanes I've ever had!)
*there are several shopping malls for the ladies to be dropped off at while the men rest at the local clubs.
*Visit Pat O'Brien's, if only to see the piano bar and have a hurricane. Here my memory fails me and that info is CLASSIFIED!

OK, I went completely OMNI but if anyone has problems E-Mail me.

Old Apr 5, 1999, 3:04 pm
Original Member

That's not OMNI! All you have said should be said about a trip to NAWLINS. that's what it's all about, drink, drink, eat, eat, and above all have fun.

Nope, no relative, that I know of, was in NAWLINS.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.