Cruise out of Genoa, holiday in London, SQ, BA and FR flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cruise out of Genoa, holiday in London, SQ, BA and FR flights

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2016, 5:53 am
Original Poster

Now let me show you the fun we had with the mini-bar in the cabin. In the Yacht Club, you get everything in the mini-bar complimentary, and also get water. This video shows you the details.

The complimentary mini bar was definitely very useful. Kids helped themselves to the drinks. Adults too. Well, the Top Sail lounge was nearby so we didn't use the minibar much though the water was very useful. Now here is the fun. I shan't write more. Watch this video.

I went up to the pool deck to watch the sail away. Before that, I explored the water park for kids again and made this video. Notice one jacuzzi tub very near the aqua park. I think it was designed such that the adults can enjoy the jacuzzi while kids play at the water park.

Some pictures.

Very nice water play area.

From another angle, the water park.

I was beginning to feel sad and nostalgic because tomorrow we would disembark. Looking up, I saw the MSC logo.

It was a beautiful afternoon. Sea gulls were flying. Ship was making final preparations to leave. In this video, I am watching sea gulls fly, talking to myself and being ever so grateful that I have had the opportunity to cruise and bring my family for this cruise. Thank God!

I must add that I saw a few passengers smoking. This was an issue mentioned previously in other posts. Well, it didn't bother me much. It was windy and I couldn't smell any smoke. (I am not a smoker)

If you look carefully, you can see that the lady is holding a cigarette.

Thereafter, I went to watch the sailaway. And I was not the only one. A good number of passengers had the same idea.

Some pictures of the ship as I waited for sailaway.

A couple of swimmers.

And the horn sounds! The sailaway had begun. And a song comes through the loudspeakers. Fun.

I go back to my cabin. And this letter was waiting for me. Sob. Can I stay on?

Still in the cabin. I start to look at the brochures and Yacht Club handbook. The Preziosa was 139,400GT.

The ship had 1,751 cabins, with 69 in the Yacht Club.

Map of the YC decks.

Oh! They had room service breakfast. Well, it never occurred to us to order Room Service. We much preferred going to the Top Sail or restaurant to grab a bite.

But since I found the breakfast order pamphlet, I made a video of it so that you can see what is available. The choices are continental.
Old Mar 6, 2016, 5:54 am
Original Poster

Soon it was time for dinner. It would be our very last dinner for this cruise. SOB! It had been a wonderful cruise and eating in the Yacht Club restaurant had been a wonderful treat. The sight that greeted us as we entered the restaurant.

We were early and we were ushered to our usual table and served by the same waiter who had served us wonderfully for 7 nights.

I am going to enjoy this wine this evening!

Here is the video I made of the dinner. I remember that it was a good dinner and I felt sad! Anyway, there is nothing to be sad about. Privileged that we could go on this cruise. Thank God for the opportunity and all honour and glory goes to Him!

Some still pictures. This must have been the lamb.

And some dessert!

Later in the evening, after dinner, I went to the Top Sail lounge and got this. Last time for this cruise. Farewell MSC Preziosa!
Old Mar 6, 2016, 6:02 am
Original Poster

DISEMBARKATION DAY

Yes, today, we disembark. We spent 7 nights on the MSC Preziosa and had a wonderful time. We will miss the Yacht Club, for sure This morning, before breakfast, I lined up some of the Straits Times on the table for a goodbye photo.

We had a light breakfast at the Top Sail lounge.

After that, back to our cabin and doing some last minute packing before we leave. Out in the balcony, I watch some ferry reversing into port (at the ferry terminal).

I make a video while on the balcony. Time to say goodbye!

Recall near the start of the review, I made an embarkation video. Now, I make a disembarkation video. We met our butler at a pre-arranged time at the Concierge so that he could lead us off the ship. There were a few other couples with us. This video shows us disembarking, collecting our luggage and then heading out to the terminal building taxi stand to take a taxi to the Genoa airport. We could fit the 4 of us plus our luggage into a standard taxi quite easily. The airport was nearby, at most 15 minutes. The cost of the ride was about 25 Euros. Goodbye MSC Preziosa!

Genoa Cristoforo Colombo Airport Italy Waiting for BA Flight to London. Genoa, Italy has is a relatively small international airport. Built on an artificial peninsular, the airport served about 1.2 million pax in 2014, according to wiki. On this day, I counted only 10 flights out of the airport, and I think these were all single aisle aircraft. The airport was near the cruise terminal, about a 15 to 20 minute taxi ride.

We got to the airport early so we were the first in line for the only British Airways flight out of Genoa to London Gatwick that morning. I was very glad we were first because later on, a large tour bus arrived and there was a long line for check-in! For some reason, the check-in process was very slow. That said, nobody missed the flight. This picture was taken shortly after we arrived, when the airport was very empty.

These were the lines set up for entry into the restricted area. Nobody in line. After we checked in, we got through very quickly.

Some history of the airport on the second floor. There is an MSC lounge on the 2nd floor but there is really nothing in that lounge other than a few sofas. Not sure why MSC bothers with the lounge there. The MSC lounge was in the public area, not the restricted area.

In the waiting area, we had nothing much to do Thankfully, the airport provided free wifi so we could catch up with news and emails from home, using our personal devices. That kept us occupied for a bit. I got bored and picked up this airport magazine to read. Attractive advertisement. Looks like Alitalia was upping their game with a modern business class product.

The magazine had some flight schedules. Ryanair doesn't fly everyday to Genoa.

Patiently waiting for our flight. It turned out that our fight was full and from what I can tell, most of the passengers were from the cruise ship!

In the aerobridge, I took this photo.
Old Mar 6, 2016, 6:07 am
Original Poster

BA flight - Genoa to London Gatwick

And we board the aircraft. Time to get back to London where we will stay for a few nights before flying back to Singapore.

For the flight from Genoa to London Gatwick, I made the following videos. Here is Part 1 covering boarding, taxi and takeoff -

Here is Part 2 (sandwich service and landing) -

Overall, the flight was smooth and uneventful, which is always a good thing when it comes to air travel. Here is the obligatory leg-room shot.

The aircraft operated was a relatively small Airbus A319.

The plane had left the gate and was now taxi-ing to the runway. No congestion and we could take off immediately.

Take off was smooth and we were on our way. Then my kid told to look up at the ceiling of the plane (as I was trying to look out the window). I wondered what my kid was up to and I soon realized why he asked me to look up. Check this out.

What do you see? "Papa, why is there masking tape on the plane?" Frankly, I didn't know the answer and told him to ignore it, since the plane was already flying and the pilot knows what to do. So we left is as that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.