Wiki Posts
Search

AY ORD-HEL C Trip Report

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2015, 5:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K, Hyatt Discoverist
AY ORD-HEL C Trip Report

So to the best of my knowledge this is the only trip report on this flight eastbound. Finnair offers summer service three days a week to Chicago. It leaves Chicago at 10PM, offering optimal sleep time. As a Finnish Chicagoan I am very excited about this route, and it was great to try it. According to the investor's call Finnair is seeing good yields on this flight, especially in Business Class so I hope it's brought back after the summer.

Check-In at ORD; I spoke to the Swissport agent and apparently there are no Finnair employees in Chicago. Finnair New York occasionally comes over to check in on them.

The Swissport lounge was not good. It was packed and small, with lousy food on offer (wilting lettuce, some chips, cheap booze). We tried to go into the BA lounge, but that was full. So eventually we decided to just go to a bar.

There's the bird- Finnair gate M11

Marimekko slippers in C

Finnair new Business Class seat

Shrimp appetizer and Finnish crispbread

Good to have Finnish beer coming out of Chicago

The chicken was juicy and delicious, as was the chanterelle risotto

Dessert

Pretty good breakfast after a good sleep. The 3PM landing is extremely reasonable- after a good night's sleep only a few hours to stay awake before more jet lag hits.

Marimekko pillow and blanket

Window out the lavatory- nice touch

JAL Dreamliner and our flight got a bus gate

Old Sep 10, 2015, 2:41 am

Thanks for the trip report. Flew AY C a couple of years ago. Great service. ...
Old Sep 10, 2015, 4:28 pm

Programs: AY Gold
Thanks for the report!

It seems the ORD service will be there next summer season too, 3x weekly with A333, no A350 with newest BC cabin yet. First to MIA?
Old Oct 24, 2015, 9:48 pm

Finnair new Business Class seat
Curious about these new business class seats...are they fully flat? 180 deg. recline?
Old Oct 25, 2015, 3:42 pm

Finnair A333 Business class seats

AFAIK, they did renew all of their A333īs with fully recline seats last year, in business class.
Old Oct 25, 2015, 4:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Thanks for the report, sounds like the food is quite good, and that you enjoyed your experience. I have to say though... the presentation doesn't make the food look too appetizing.
Old Oct 25, 2015, 4:21 pm

Programs: AY Gold
Originally Posted by vehamala
AFAIK, they did renew all of their A333īs with fully recline seats last year, in business class.
Yes all their A333s have fully recline seats and so do all A343s, except the three aircraft which are leaving their fleet first now when the A350s are arriving. This Zodiac Vantage seat in J is similar to what SWISS have.

Their new A350 have different flat bed seats in J, the type is Zodiac Cirrus III that is also fitted on American Airlines and Cathay Pacific aircraft.

AY will increase service to ORD next summer to five flights a week, A333 still used on the route, not A350 yet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.