Wiki Posts
Search

Date night in LA by private charter... a gorgeous Hawker 850XP

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2015, 6:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
And yet another great ex-Denver Hawker 800XP leg popped up this afternoon and from Centennial (APA). If it was summer and we weren't going away next week, we'd be on this one as well. But Vancouver in March? Or as Mrs. SFO said "why would I want to go to Vancouver in the winter?"

Old Mar 8, 2015, 6:41 pm

Programs: AA
SFO777, too bad that Vancouver flight wasn't a few days ago. We have had amazing weather lately. I played my first round of golf today in gorgeous 14C temps. But in true Vancouver fashion we are likely to get rain soon.

It has been very mild this Winter, the local mountains are bare and Whistler has not seen great conditions either.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 2:25 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Chairman, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, GA Pilot
It would be nice if there was some way to configure it for alerts from a home airport. Is that possible?
Old Mar 9, 2015, 3:18 am

Programs: AC 75K, A3*G, AS MVPG, AA LT Gold 1MM, JL/JGC (OWS) , Marriott Titanium, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
Originally Posted by SFO777
And yet another great ex-Denver Hawker 800XP leg popped up this afternoon and from Centennial (APA). If it was summer and we weren't going away next week, we'd be on this one as well. But Vancouver in March? Or as Mrs. SFO said "why would I want to go to Vancouver in the winter?"

Ya most people don't want to do Vanny in March LOL

But it is Alaskan King Crab season coming up soon! YUM
See if this comes back in a couple weeks when I'll be back for a weekend
Old Mar 9, 2015, 9:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by theshaun
SFO777, too bad that Vancouver flight wasn't a few days ago. We have had amazing weather lately. I played my first round of golf today in gorgeous 14C temps. But in true Vancouver fashion we are likely to get rain soon. It has been very mild this Winter, the local mountains are bare and Whistler has not seen great conditions either.
Blame the Mrs. I was up for it but I think this one was too much, too soon.

Originally Posted by NYTA
It would be nice if there was some way to configure it for alerts from a home airport. Is that possible?
You can set alerts between cities on a favorites list. But I'm not award of anyway you can set an alert for anything to/from your home airport.

Originally Posted by Short hair Francis
Ya most people don't want to do Vanny in March LOL
But it is Alaskan King Crab season coming up soon! YUM
See if this comes back in a couple weeks when I'll be back for a weekend
I would have done it, then again I would have done Denver-Waco.

And to make things better, we could flown an 800XP to Vancouver for dinner and then flown on another 800XP Tuesday morning to Terrace, BC!!
Good luck getting back home from there though.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 10:53 am

Programs: AC 75K, A3*G, AS MVPG, AA LT Gold 1MM, JL/JGC (OWS) , Marriott Titanium, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
I would have done it, then again I would have done Denver-Waco.

And to make things better, we could flown an 800XP to Vancouver for dinner and then flown on another 800XP Tuesday morning to Terrace, BC!!
Good luck getting back home from there though.
Whats in Waco, college town no?

You could've done Vancouver, then do Amtrak Cascade back to down to Seattle in style then fly home on Seattle-Denver, many options to choose from.

Terrace, BC, isn't that a lumber town or the new pipeline being built?
Kitimat is minerals if I'm not mistaken.

Once you go all the way up there, the weather always seems to be stormy.
But hey, treat the Mrs. to a wonderful Temperate Rainforest Retreat out to the Queen Charlottes
Old Mar 9, 2015, 3:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Short hair Francis
Whats in Waco, college town no?
Yeah and apparently a butt ugly one as well... or so says my trainer who visited Baylor and said no, thank you.
But... it is only a 75 or so minute drive to Austin which would have been cool. Then again, Mrs. SFO was having no part of flying anywhere yesterday.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 10:29 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, AA Platinum (but I also just pay for upgrades if I want them)
just stumbled on your blog and its awesome! keep up the great writing. inspiring me for trips in the future
Old Mar 9, 2015, 11:24 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Awesome TR SFO777. I wonder if they have such a system operating in SE Asia. Would make sense... But then again, nothing is "free" in Asia.

I think its tie to start a new thread and slot it just above the "Car Rental" master thread and call it. "Private Jet".
Old Mar 10, 2015, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ckidder331
just stumbled on your blog and its awesome! keep up the great writing. inspiring me for trips in the future
Thank you very much ckidder for your kind comments.

Originally Posted by gilbertaue
Awesome TR SFO777. I wonder if they have such a system operating in SE Asia. Would make sense... But then again, nothing is "free" in Asia. I think its tie to start a new thread and slot it just above the "Car Rental" master thread and call it. "Private Jet".
Thanks gilbertaue. JetSmarter is already in Europe and imagine that they have designs on Asia at some point.
Old Mar 10, 2015, 5:20 pm
Used to be 'Travelergcp'

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
It would be fun to splurge on the membership fee, then just hop around the country by private jet over a month or two, constrained by wherever it happens to be going. Would be much better if you also had airline non-rev privileges too.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 6:12 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Yeah and apparently a butt ugly one as well... or so says my trainer who visited Baylor and said no, thank you.
But... it is only a 75 or so minute drive to Austin which would have been cool. Then again, Mrs. SFO was having no part of flying anywhere yesterday.
Native Texan here and UT grad. Waco is a dump and
only has one redeeming quality (Dr. Pepper was invented there). The Dr. Pepper Museum is actually a cool place to visit:

http://www.drpeppermuseum.com/default.aspx

Austin is one of the best cities in the US but I-35 is a mess of a highway and the trip down south can take much longer than 75 minutes with traffic (likely in Austin metro area).

Great report and will be downloading that app soon.
Old Mar 12, 2015, 7:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TravelerMSY
It would be fun to splurge on the membership fee, then just hop around the country by private jet over a month or two, constrained by wherever it happens to be going. Would be much better if you also had airline non-rev privileges too.
Indeed. Amazingly, Mrs. SFO suggested that we take a couple of weeks off and just go where the empty legs go. I love this woman!

Originally Posted by apodo77
Native Texan here and UT grad. Waco is a dump and only has one redeeming quality (Dr. Pepper was invented there). The Dr. Pepper Museum is actually a cool place to visit:
http://www.drpeppermuseum.com/default.aspx
Austin is one of the best cities in the US but I-35 is a mess of a highway and the trip down south can take much longer than 75 minutes with traffic (likely in Austin metro area).
Great report and will be downloading that app soon.
Thank you adopo77 and for confirming what I'd heard about Waco.
Although, I had checked out tripadvisor and the Dr. Pepper Museum was at the top of the (short) "what to do in Waco". We're definitely planning on visiting Austin this year.
Old Mar 12, 2015, 7:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Some really interesting empty legs this morning including this one tomorrow afternoon from St. Maarten.

Old Mar 12, 2015, 3:31 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Some really interesting empty legs this morning including this one tomorrow afternoon from St. Maarten.

Got one from my real home airport of Stuart, FL to Destin, FL tomorrow.
Considering just doing it to do it since your TR inspired me.

PM'ing you know to ask about the membership details.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.