Search

At the top of Macau Tower - a trip report

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2015, 8:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond
Smile At the top of Macau Tower - a trip report

Hi

My wife and I went to Macau in November last year and we spent a few days there before going to Vietnam. I have made a trip report and I hope that it can be of some help to other visitors to Macau. You can find the trip report here http://gardkarlsen.com/Macau_trip_report.htm and more photos here http://gardkarlsen.com/Macau_photos.htm

The trip report includes a bit of info about walking in the historical city center of Macau, a gambling experience, a bit about food in Macau, maps and also a bit of price information.

The most amazing experience on this visit was the climb to the top of the Macau Tower – the view from 338 meters was spectacular and it was scary to stand on the tiny platform at the top. This photo should give you an indication about the experience: http://gardkarlsen.com/macau/Gard_Ni...acau_tower.JPG

Get in touch if you have any question. The links above are to my own blog. I write about trips around the world and I focus on food & wine, history, sightseeing, outdoor activities but I also have trip reports from various flights around the world on different airlines.

Last edited by gardkarlsen; Feb 21, 2015 at 2:45 am
Old Feb 16, 2015, 9:24 am

Programs: FT
Sorry. I Don't click on external links.
Old Feb 16, 2015, 9:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mkjr
Sorry. I Don't click on external links.
Is it against the guidelines to post links here? If that is the case I will of course remove them. It is just a bit tricky to post a trip report in the forum itself as I also include maps, photos, links etc.
Old Feb 16, 2015, 10:17 am

Programs: FT
Originally Posted by gardkarlsen
Is it against the guidelines to post links here? If that is the case I will of course remove them. It is just a bit tricky to post a trip report in the forum itself as I also include maps, photos, links etc.
I actually don't know.
Old Feb 16, 2015, 11:16 am
Suspended

You're supposed to post content here, read the guidelines post at the top of the forum. You can link to your blog or youtube video but the post must be interesting enough on its own and not just an ad for your blog.
Old Feb 16, 2015, 11:27 am

I visited Macau in 1978 and there was not much to see.

For someone like me who is not interested in climbing up a tower, nor gambling is it really worth visiting?
Old Feb 16, 2015, 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by Bretteee

For someone like me who is not interested in climbing up a tower, nor gambling is it really worth visiting?
If you're in HK, it's nice to make a day trip or to overnight.
Nice hotels, nice food.
Old Feb 16, 2015, 1:53 pm

Thanks for sharing; I did the CN tower edge walk a few years back but that mast climb definitely kicks it up a notch - getting sweaty palms and feet just thinking about it!
Old Feb 17, 2015, 8:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TheFlyingDoctor
Thanks for sharing; I did the CN tower edge walk a few years back but that mast climb definitely kicks it up a notch - getting sweaty palms and feet just thinking about it!
It was a scary experience indeed :-)

Old Feb 17, 2015, 8:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Bretteee

I don't think Macau is worth a visit on its own but if you are planning on visiting Hong Kong I would absolutely recommend a couple of days extra to also check out Macau.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 3:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hyatt Plat, Amex Plat.
Exciting photo. If I was that high from God's green earth, the last thing I'd worry about is some flimsy helmet......
Old Feb 18, 2015, 9:26 am

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, TK Elite, Hyatt Platinum
Thanks for the report, interesting read.

I went to Macau a few years ago and did the Tower Walk around the outside, and eventually the Bungee Jump - great experience
Old Feb 18, 2015, 1:35 pm

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Hi gardkarlsen,

I see that you've posted a link to your blog.
Can you please review the relevant rules relating to linking to blogs and adjust your post accordingly?

The rules are here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...o-content.html

Many thanks,

matthandy
Moderator: Trip Reports
Old Feb 18, 2015, 4:00 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, Singapore Airlines
I had the most delicious mushroom soup of my life at the MGM Grand Macau in October 2011. Holy moley, that was orgasmic!
Old Feb 21, 2015, 2:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by stickyfingers85
Thanks for the report, interesting read.

I went to Macau a few years ago and did the Tower Walk around the outside, and eventually the Bungee Jump - great experience
Yeah, the bungee jumping and skyjumping looked pretty popular and looks scary. My wife wanted initially to do both the climb and bungee jumping but after the climb I think she came to the conclusion that she had had enough excitement for one day :-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.