One Live TR With Pics – Two Different Perspectives on AMS–HNL

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2014, 7:57 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Five weeks tomorrow a friend and I are doing a 7 day TP run to HNL so will be following your trip with interest. Have a great trip.........
Old Nov 27, 2014, 8:03 am

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by LondonAndy

+1 (see my footer!)
Couldn't agree more.... TP are just a nice byproduct^
Old Nov 27, 2014, 2:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Filthy Monkey
Looking forward to this! Hoping to see another 'bromance' in the making
+1
Old Nov 27, 2014, 3:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Mods, when trying to post from my phone, it says error - title too long. Any chance you could do magic and shorten title so posting from phone works? Thank you.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 4:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Having IT issues especially around uploading pics but smooth journey so far.

Just over hour from the City to CCR and nice dinner there.

Smooth flight over to AMS and giggle with the crew once landed.

Then great catch up with dutch_122 and a masterclass on all things flight bookings. Thank you again - fascinating. And hopefully see you in london.

Now in the mercure AMS airside hotel. Basic but it'll do and the alarm will ring in 5.5 hours.

More from both of us and pics to follow especially once overcome IT issues tomorrow.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 4:12 pm
Original Poster

Old Nov 27, 2014, 4:23 pm
Original Poster

Old Nov 27, 2014, 4:43 pm

Location: @somewhere, if help needed use my email address [email protected]
Programs: BA & QR

Chris1979 & VFRonTop

Chris great meeting you again.
VFRonTop you also off course.

You guys are going having fun 😄

I was really impressed by Chris1979 carry on luggage, Well done ðŸ‘

About the short introduction of ticketing masterclass, it is indeed very interesting and all the possibilities you have as ticketing agent.

See you hopefully in the near future.

Safe travels
Old Nov 27, 2014, 9:36 pm

Originally Posted by VFRonTop
Hi Flyer74

The idea for this trip came about from the TP Run thread here on FT. Structuring the trip was organised through the pervasive use of the ITA Matrix and we had the wonderful help of dutch_122 to get it booked. All in all the trip is costing ~£1.4k.

Thank you, I reallyneed to get stuck into this ITA Matrix thing
Old Nov 27, 2014, 10:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Flier74
Check out the tier point running thread - very friendly and helpful crowd there!
Old Nov 27, 2014, 11:01 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Right - after some IT issues and a few lost posts (grr), I'm able to give an update from the BA lounge in AMS.

Chris and I made a very rapid escape from the office yesterday. Thanks to Chris' CCR card we had the luxury of the Concorde Room pre-departure. Walking through Millionaire's Door we were met by a poor, flustered lounge-angel. She was on the phone to IT as the wifi in the lounge had gone down. Being so distracted she tried to give Chris her notepad but keep his CCR Card.

I have been lucky enough to be in the Concorde Room before but it was still quite a thrill to be there again. There were a few things I promised myself I'd do on my return:
- Reacquaint myself with Grande Siécle,
- Thoroughly sample the new food menu, and
- Sneak a peak at a cabana

Tick, tick and tick.

All too soon it was time to head to the gate. Flight was non-eventful. We had a fun crew who we told of our quest and they seemed fascinated and confused in equal measure.

We landed in AMS on the Polderbaan runway, which is the equivalent of landing in Gatwick and taxiing to Heathrow. The captain seems as surprised as anyone of the 20min taxi to stand.

Once off the plane (after the perfunctory photo shoot of course) we got to spend some time with dutch_122 whom we have to thank for constructing or trip. We had a really insightful and eye-opening lesson in trip construction. Thanks again dutch_122 it was really great to meet you.

After it was back through security to bed down in the airside Mercure for stage two of our journey.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 11:04 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Flier74
The matrix definitely has its uses but before yesterday I thought the matrix was a sophisticated tool. After watching dutch_122 turning a random series of letters into some epic TP runs in seconds, that is simply not the case.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 1:34 am

Programs: BA Pyrite
Originally Posted by VFRonTop
We had a really insightful and eye-opening lesson in trip construction..
I'm probably not the only one who'd be interested in some of these insights, if you're able to share them without first acquiring x years of TA experience.
Looking forward to your next set of updates!
Old Nov 28, 2014, 1:50 am
Original Poster

So connection was smooth though tight ish. As soon as we got to B, it was time to board.

This was (would have been) VFR's first time on UD so he went first and up the stairs.

I had a smile and 2 second chat with the CSM at the door and I commented on the hat and MF. She asked if I thought this was a good thing and I said "yes absolutely". Her response was "I think it might be about to get better". Let's just say that as happy as we were with 62A and B, our seats have changed and we are both very happy. ;-)))

And the crew member looking after us has assured us she'll take special care of us especially as it's VFRs first time in this sort of seat.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 3:35 am
formerly rxfleming

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat Elite
Looking forward to all the photos and to see what shenanigans you guys get up to!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.