London City Airport tour - including apron & runway

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2014, 5:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: Virgin Flying Club Red, Emirates Skywards Blue, BA Executive Club Blue, Amex BA

My blog post

Myself, along with a few other FT members, where privileged to be invited to a private tour of London City Airport. A huge thanks to Jenny for organising this once in a lifetime experience! We were guided around by the knowledgeable Christopher. The highlight was a drive down the runway on a bus! Most interesting was the tour around security screening and how they track the number of people. Their aim is to get from DLR to gate in under 15 minutes. On average I think it was 8 minutes.

There did seem to be nice places to eat in the departures hall but it was very crowded. I think more seating is needed. The BA lounge had a few snacks and drinks (I did not take any )

I will let the videos and photos speak for themselves.

Video of a takeoff

Video of a 2nd takeoff

Video of a 3rd takeoff

Video of a landing

Old Oct 29, 2014, 3:04 am

Programs: VA Gold, QF Gold, Accor Platinum
I love airside tours! Fantastic opportunity! Thanks for sharing.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 3:48 am

Programs: FB Silver, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by GodAtum
The BA lounge had a few snacks and drinks (I did not take any )
To my knowledge there is no BA lounge nor any other lounge at LCY. So what lounge are you referring to?
Old Oct 29, 2014, 5:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: Virgin Flying Club Red, Emirates Skywards Blue, BA Executive Club Blue, Amex BA
There was a very small lounge for flights to Shannon/JFK.
Old Nov 10, 2014, 10:15 am

Programs: BAEC
Nice that you were able to do this tour. I'm very happy to see some e-gates for immigration. I hope that these are in addition to the previous manual desks. At peak times, these were woefully inadequate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.