Search

Planes, boats, buses, cars, and a train - Burma Revealed

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2014, 7:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA 2MM - PLT, BA GGL, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Thanks for another great report Moomba.

I never thought I'd see the day that you fly an LCC Good to see a return to F for the next flight.
Thanks Kiwi. Trust me there was some serious searching going on before we ended up going with Jet*. I survived OK though.

Originally Posted by Spymon
I really loved this TR, your photography is getting better and better with each one. It's hard enough trying to decide where to go next as it is, more so now you've just added another place to the list.
Thanks Spymon. I am glad you enjoyed the report and pictures.
Old Oct 28, 2014, 8:37 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by Moomba
Thanks Kiwi. Trust me there was some serious searching going on before we ended up going with Jet*. I survived OK though.
If it was me I'd probably have taken SQ (or perhaps TG via BKK), schedule & availability permitting.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 12:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
If it was me I'd probably have taken SQ (or perhaps TG via BKK), schedule & availability permitting.
As it needed to be a one way flight cost was the biggest factor against either of these. I do have some limits to my addiction.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 6:12 am

Programs: Too many golds, no plat: OZ*G, AC*G, NZ*G, VA Gold, QF Gold, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Great report, thanks Moomba. I thoroughly enjoyed the 10 days we spent in Burma in 2012, visiting most of the same places you did (except for the hill town in Shan province). Your excellent photos really brought it all back. I think Bagan and Inle Lake are some of the most memorable places I've been.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 3:08 pm

Off to Burma after Xmas, so thanks for great reports.

(and I note from my research too that EVERYTHING - trains, buses, boats aircraft - all leave at 6 or 7am!!!)

Anything you heard about that you'd have liked to have seen/gone to but couldn't because you were on a fixed itinerary?

Thanks.
Old Oct 31, 2014, 9:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mad_atta
Great report, thanks Moomba. I thoroughly enjoyed the 10 days we spent in Burma in 2012, visiting most of the same places you did (except for the hill town in Shan province). Your excellent photos really brought it all back. I think Bagan and Inle Lake are some of the most memorable places I've been.
Thanks mad_atta. I agree Bagan was just a sight to see literally.

Originally Posted by flygod
Off to Burma after Xmas, so thanks for great reports.

(and I note from my research too that EVERYTHING - trains, buses, boats aircraft - all leave at 6 or 7am!!!)

Anything you heard about that you'd have liked to have seen/gone to but couldn't because you were on a fixed itinerary?

Thanks.
Thanks flygod
I suspect a balloon ride over Bagan would be pretty spectacular. It was too early in the season when we went. Enjoy your trip.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.