Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

JFK-MCO on Delta in Y January 2014 (part 2 going back in another thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JFK-MCO on Delta in Y January 2014 (part 2 going back in another thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2014, 3:25 pm

A quite nice and very detailed trip report...thanks for sharing! I haven't been to Disney since I was in high school, but my wife and I would like to go back sometime. Contrary to some people'e beliefs, I think people of all ages can enjoy Disney...it isn't just for kids!
Old Jul 24, 2014, 5:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Skymiles Gold Card holder, JetBlue Trueblue, HiltonHonors, Hertz #1 Club Gold
Originally Posted by mkjr
thanks.

that seems pretty good. agree about the price. unless you are getting some level of discount on property, that is probably the best choice given the price for value and moderates that are both essentially motel hotels.

the DTD hotels are also close enough to walk - since i am a city dweller, i consider close enough to be under 2 miles... - to the ABC Liquor (amazing beer selection since renovation and great wine and spirits) just off South Apopka Vineyand and also close enough to walk to the restaurants just outside of Hotel Plaza Blvd... although one can always load up on the cheaper beer at the Hess across from DTD.

some say that walk is too long but if you are at the hotels, it's not bad...i just wish cabs were cheaper in that area but that keys the economics and i am cheap bugger...

[also, if you don't know, the whole foods off sand lake is about a 15 minute drive off Turkey Lake on the side roads]

I cannot disagree with you. If I were not able to get a discount at the official Disney hotels, this definitely is an excellent bet! The Moderate Resorts are a little nicer than the Value Resorts and while the Moderates are well themed, the rooms (some while nice) are nothing special. The Values, while clean and cheerful, are cramped and just motel rooms at best (though the new Art of Animation looks nice ). I agree, the location is great and if you want to walk a mere 2 miles, the Crossroads shopping center has a lot of dining options and a 24 hour Gooding's supermarket (the Gooding's isn't great though and it's overpriced, so I would much rather go to Publix). DTD is also across the street, with great shopping and dining. Even the Hilton's dining was pretty good, with a nice 24 hour mini market, an Italian joint, a coffee shop, a Benihana, a sports bar, and a pool bar. Cabs can be pricey, but hey, I can be a cheap bugger too sometimes... . And as far as the Whole Foods on Sand Lake, I have been there and it is a very nice Whole Foods, with a huge prepared food selection if you don't feel like cooking or eating out. There is also a Publix in Regency Village about 5 minutes away (I went there), a Publix by Dr. Philips, and a Winn-Dixie by ABC Liquor. All in all, I was very happy with the Hilton and would stay there again!
Old Jul 24, 2014, 5:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Skymiles Gold Card holder, JetBlue Trueblue, HiltonHonors, Hertz #1 Club Gold
Originally Posted by bmrisko
A quite nice and very detailed trip report...thanks for sharing! I haven't been to Disney since I was in high school, but my wife and I would like to go back sometime. Contrary to some people'e beliefs, I think people of all ages can enjoy Disney...it isn't just for kids!
Thank you bmrisko! It was a pleasure to put all the detail into this trip report and I am very glad that you enjoyed it . I am sorry you haven't been to Disney in so long, but I hope you and your wife have the chance as it is absolutely amazing! I agree 100% that Disney is for everyone, from ages 0-110 and beyond!
Old Jul 25, 2014, 9:09 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Old Jul 26, 2014, 7:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sky303
I love it sky303! Thank you!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.