Search

American Airlines newest BusinessClass on the 767-300 ZRH-JFK

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2014, 6:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, LH FT
American Airlines newest BusinessClass on the 767-300 ZRH-JFK

Hi,

only one plane yet and since 4th april on ZRH-JFK.

Here the review from the new BusinessClass on the 767-300 AA

http://www.svenblogt.de/review-ameri...-new-york-jfk/

Inside the cabin I was immediately welcomed with Swiss accent and had the chance to take a look at the new cabin. In Business Class you find 6 rows in a 1-2-1 seating with skewed positioning (so the one behind has space for his feet under the table of the front man). Seats 2,4 and 6 respectively A and J are those at the window with their table as separator to the corridor. In the other rows its vice versa with the table between window and seat.

I personally like the seats at the window most, but this is a matter of taste. American Airlines has no row 1, so I have the best place, according to a sir at the counter in Zurich, which is 2J in row 1 at the window.

The seat

In the 767-300 the seat is not skewed, like in the 777, but comparable to the seat in Swiss Business Class.(Review Swiss BusinessClass). The extra table aside the seat provides additional space to put stuff, a glass or a cup of coffee without having to unfold the big table.

... read more via Link above...
Old Apr 7, 2014, 8:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Is there a off the tray table holder like Qantas uses for the tablet IFE? If not that's got to be a bummer when you're eating…it's bad enough with my iPhone the few times I've been on one of the UA 737-900s that have no IFE.
Old Apr 7, 2014, 9:14 pm

Programs: FT
Wow. First AC picks up Swiss planes now AA. This has to be stop gap. This is clearly Swiss crap J....
Old Apr 7, 2014, 9:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by mkjr
Wow. First AC picks up Swiss planes now AA. This has to be stop gap. This is clearly Swiss crap J....
^
Old Apr 7, 2014, 11:58 pm

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Avis Preferred
AA is going to retire the 767-300s very soon and did not want to dump tons of unecessary money into a complete refurb but needed a competitive hard product in J as well as a requirement under their joint venture that all slope seats needed to be out of the system by 2015. this is the same reason they wouldnt dump more money into the plane for full IFE either.
Old Apr 8, 2014, 12:39 am

Thanks for a great trip report and the new J product looks excellent on the Boeing 767-300ERs. The IFE is disappointing but expected... however I wonder if they are still showing the Air Show on the mainscreen TV throughout the flight.

The food looks okay, but can American update its pre-arrival meal to something other than pizzas? A premium airline should not offer cafeteria pizzas in any cabin class.

Carfield
Old Apr 8, 2014, 2:54 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Is it me or does the middle seat have a tiny bit of wooden table top compared to the other seats?
Old Apr 8, 2014, 6:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, LH FT
Originally Posted by JVPhoto
Is there a off the tray table holder like Qantas uses for the tablet IFE? If not that's got to be a bummer when you're eatingit's bad enough with my iPhone the few times I've been on one of the UA 737-900s that have no IFE.
Yes. There is a special table for in IFE. You could see it on the picture from my seat to the middle.
Directly here under the headline IFE.

This is not the "normal" table.

And...

Yes. There was another offer than the pizza, but this was delicious
Old Apr 8, 2014, 6:30 am

Programs: Aeroplan Airmiles AMEX-MR Alaska Airlines
Thanks for the TR. Same product as Austrian but the color scheme looks better on AA. :-)
Old Apr 8, 2014, 3:33 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by injian
Thanks for the TR. Same product as Austrian but the color scheme looks better on AA. :-)
I would really appreciate some indication as to seat or bed length. For me it is the most important thing, as too short means it is not usable.

Unfortunately it seems to be of no interest to the other 99% of passengers who are concerned with pizza options, ipod tables or the color of the wood grain.

Can you give any indication how long it was please?
Old Apr 8, 2014, 7:59 pm

Programs: Silver MileagePlus, Diamond Hilton
Did AA seriously put a new business product on the 767 and still use the stand alone ife. Don't they realize how annoying the tablets are when you're trying to watch tv and lay flat or eat as it takes up table space.
Old Apr 9, 2014, 2:45 am

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
Originally Posted by COEWR2587
Did AA seriously put a new business product on the 767 and still use the stand alone ife. Don't they realize how annoying the tablets are when you're trying to watch tv and lay flat or eat as it takes up table space.
AA is retiring the 767 fleet, so did not hardwire the fleet for IFE. The seat has a built-in dock to hold the tablet. The entire 767 fleet isn't even getting the new seats because the retirements are starting fairly soon.
Old Apr 9, 2014, 4:14 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by MAH4546
AA is retiring the 767 fleet, so did not hardwire the fleet for IFE. The seat has a built-in dock to hold the tablet. The entire 767 fleet isn't even getting the new seats because the retirements are starting fairly soon.
I have no issue with the tablets. My beef is why they only show the flight map
For very short periods and endless Nbc reruns the rest of the time in the main screens. Why not show the airmap in Business if everyone has tablets? I bring my own entertainment (computer with videos) on board but I cannot bring my own airmap (I suppose with wifi I could log on to flight aware etc but not as handy.
Old Apr 9, 2014, 7:35 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
Very nice product! I really like how AA is diversifying its business class product offerings!
Old Apr 9, 2014, 9:30 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by mkjr
Instead of narrowing the seat and putting so much wasted wood around the passenger, I recommend they widen the seat 2 or 3 inches more and cut the wasted wood around the seat.

What a stupid designer the one who designed the seat and also the one who approved it for installations at LX and DL and AA and AC.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.