Singapore A380 Suites LAX-NRT for Cherry Blossom Season in Tokyo and Kyoto

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Singapore A380 Suites LAX-NRT for Cherry Blossom Season in Tokyo and Kyoto

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2014, 7:02 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold
The catering out of LAX looks a lot better than from DME. Looking forward to the rest, especially to your pictures of the cherry blossoms.
Old Mar 31, 2014, 8:04 am

Programs: Former 1K turned UA Kettle
Can't wait for the rest of this, as usual! For some reason, the united "wrap" always cracks me up. Tastes as terrible as it looks....
Old Mar 31, 2014, 8:06 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Wonderful TR SFO777, I am looking forward to the rest.

I am surprised SQ uses those small blue amenity kits for R class! I got one in F on a 77W two years ago - did keep it and all of the zippers are broken. My UA BF kit has lasted longer as storage for my odd plugs and USB cables.

SQ needs to step up the amenity kits to the level of everything else they offer.

Have a great trip.
Old Mar 31, 2014, 8:41 am

Programs: UA Gold
I am the most jealous man in the world when I read this trip report. I would fly United Economy just to enjoy them flowers.
Old Mar 31, 2014, 9:03 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC, Global Entry, CLEAR
I was wondering when I would see the next TR from you SFO777! Thank you for sharing. Those SQ Suites look absolutely sensational. Interesting to compare them to EK's...
Old Mar 31, 2014, 9:19 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold
Originally Posted by theshaun
SFO777, thanks again for sharing your adventures. Always a pleasure to read.

Great timing on this shot. Had a chuckle when I read the subtitle that you captured.

Glad to know I'm not the only one who noticed that.
Old Mar 31, 2014, 9:35 am

Programs: DL Platinum
SFO777,

As usual, great TR so far. Looking forward to the rest.

Here in Tokyo, cherry blossoms, sakura 桜, are waiting for you guys!!
Old Mar 31, 2014, 9:58 am

I wish I could start every week with a fresh TR from SFO777! Looks like a great start to the trip.

I've only browsed through so far so I may have missed it. If not, how does the SQ suite compare to the LH 744 bed?
Old Mar 31, 2014, 11:45 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by jacobac00
I wish I could start every week with a fresh TR from SFO777!
Agreed! Another great report in the making.

However, SFO777, your Thanksgiving report on the Maldives has proven rather costly to me. Inspired, I'll be heading there in 48 days! Jumping on CX for the way home, though.
Old Mar 31, 2014, 1:43 pm

Programs: CX DM, BA G4L, QR PLT, EK PLT, Hyatt CourtesyC, HH DM, SQ PPS, BonvoyTit, UK, VS, UA, DL, AA
Thanks as always for a spectacular TR thus far - enjoy the cherry blossom festival, great time to be in Japan (not that there is really ever a bad time!)
Old Mar 31, 2014, 2:53 pm

Programs: Cruise addict and AirBNB Plat :)
Always enjoyed your reports. Looking forward to see the rest ^
Old Mar 31, 2014, 7:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
SFO777, you are the rock star of the Trip Report forum! This trip is certainly off to a spectacular start with those Singapore Suites. Their ambience and space is - to me at least - unmatched, even by the likes of Emirates and Etihad. And the meal service - come hungry! Here's hoping the rest of your travels are every bit as wonderful as the beginning. I can practically smell those cherry blossoms now...
Old Mar 31, 2014, 7:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by amolkold
Ahhh, I totally forgot to get the bear on my SQ Suites flight!

You had a better crew than I did (or maybe because mine was 12/12 and not 5/12).

Curious, did you book one ticket as LAX-NRT and the other as LAX-NRT-SIN and drop the NRT-SIN? Or 2 savers? Or 1 saver + 1 standard?
I assume he booked only LAXNRT as LAXSIN is more expensive (as well I remember that he remarked that SIN was 'too hot' for Mrs SFO (though after a few months, you get used to it, it's only a few degrees warmer than HKG after all.)
Old Mar 31, 2014, 8:56 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
I assume he booked only LAXNRT as LAXSIN is more expensive (as well I remember that he remarked that SIN was 'too hot' for Mrs SFO (though after a few months, you get used to it, it's only a few degrees warmer than HKG after all.)
But I rarely see 2 savers on A380 flights ...

You can sometimes find 1 saver LAX-NRT and another saver LAX-SIN (which stops in NRT).

Before discounts, LAX-NRT saver is 87,500 and standard is 170,000. LAX-SIN saver is 107,500 (and stops in NRT). Then when you get off the plane ... let 'em know you're not coming back and go through immigration.
Old Mar 31, 2014, 9:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
The Peninsula Tokyo
Tokyo

Typically beautiful Peninsula property with an outstanding location across from the Imperial Palace grounds. Couple of pics from the Peninsula website...

Main lobby which strangely doubles as a restaurant thru which you have to walk to get to the front desk.

Our Premium Grand Deluxe Room overlooking the Imperial Palace grounds.
Sorry about the messy bed.

And our spectacular view...

Huge closet/dressing room that doubled as my early morning office.

Breakfast the next morning before heading out for our 10AM tour.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.