Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SOUTH AFRICA via JFK-YUL-AMS-CPT-JNB-AMS-JFK

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2013, 10:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM 1MM, DL reserve, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Thanks for commenting and enjoying the trip report!
@sajidg I have applied for GE
@AA_EXP09 if only I could.
@Jimgotkp glad you read it all the way through
Old Mar 17, 2013, 11:23 pm

Interesting tr. Thanks for posting.
Old Mar 18, 2013, 9:20 am

Programs: DL Gold (2.5MM program miles), Airtran A+ Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
I'll add my kudos for a great TR. It's the report I would have written, had I the time and patience to do so!
Old Mar 18, 2013, 10:54 am

So funny about your delicious comment. I had some of their delicious ice cream on my flight from AMS-IAD!

Originally Posted by OldRoyal
Having just returned from South Africa on KLM earlier this week, a few random observations:

1) You can just about eliminate all thoughts of having an open middle seat next to you in economy comfort as they were constantly bringing people up from coach throughout the first couple hours of the flight

2) The handheld control unit for the video sure works a lot better than Delta's touch screen controls.

3) For my money, the KLM Crown Lounge 52 at Schiphol has to be one of the nicest on the globe. Outstanding food (hot and cold, changed throughout the day, choice of two soups), fully stocked wine / champagne bar, Heineken on tap, Apple ipads scattered throughout the club, current newspapers from around the world, showers, deep sleep area (darkened quiet room with lounge chairs -- wake-up calls provided) and probably a few things I've forgotten.

4) When my AMS-ORD flight was cancelled, the Dutch had a rather structured manner of handling rebookings: those of us in the lounge that were on the flight were assigned numbers based on status (business class, then Diamond, Plat, Gold, etc.) and we were called to the desk for re-booking based on our assigned numbers (rather than wait, I just jumped on Delta.com).

5) You know the food on KLM is delicious because all the packaging tells you so!
Old Mar 16, 2014, 10:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM 1MM, DL reserve, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by farbster
So funny about your delicious comment. I had some of their delicious ice cream on my flight from AMS-IAD!
Old Jun 4, 2014, 8:28 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Enjoyable report, glad it got bumped. Cape Town looks absolutely lovely and I always enjoy reading MD-11 reports. Thanks for sharing ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.