Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

Cathay Pacific NYC - HKG - SIN in First/Business class: unforgettable!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2012, 11:30 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold

Deleted

Last edited by oneworld82; Dec 13, 2016 at 2:14 am
Old Jul 17, 2012, 11:45 pm

Thanks for the report!

CX First is consistently a good experience.
The food looks very good and the lobster salad looks amazing.

Well CX has this strange "refreshment" meal on this SE Asian flight during mid afternoon hours. I honestly think it is a way to cut costs rather than enhancing the experience. The meal is significantly simplified. At least you get a herringbone business class seat.

Look forward to the rest!

Carfield
Old Jul 18, 2012, 11:04 am

Programs: Active: AA, UA, DL
Hah hah - what a way to start: Shortline bus to NYC! I'm also a Cornell alumni.

Thanks for sharing your experience. Any reason why you opted for the 9a departure? I prefer the 2-3p or late evening departures, so I can get more sleep.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 12:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP, mid-tier with pretty much everyone else
Seat 1K is a good seat, right? I'm flying LAX-HKG in F and they gave me the choice of 1K or 1A, 1K the right pick? I'm traveling solo.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by bthotugigem05
Seat 1K is a good seat, right? I'm flying LAX-HKG in F and they gave me the choice of 1K or 1A, 1K the right pick? I'm traveling solo.
If You are flying a 777:
I would do 1A or 2A instead.
The middle and right seats both exit into the same aisle (the exits of the seats are facing each other). 1A and 2A (left side) have their own aisle. That said, you'll be happy in 1K - can't really go wrong.

1K on the 747 is in the nose
Old Jul 18, 2012, 4:43 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Seats

Traveling solo, on a 777, 1A or 2A are best because they have their own mini aisle and are more private (if that's even possible!).

Wiirachay - Big Red all life! I got the morning departure because that was the only one available for 2 people on miles... I wish I got the late departure as well, but it was fine as we got - with hardly any sleep - in Singapore by 8pm... just in timw for some dinner and by 1am we fell asleep, peacefully
Old Jul 18, 2012, 5:33 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by oneworld82
Traveling solo, on a 777, 1A or 2A are best because they have their own mini aisle and are more private (if that's even possible!).
Except when there are chatty crews who gathered around L1 to talk loudly and disturb you during the flight. It was quite annoying when I tried to sleep without the earplugs in 1A.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 7:10 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JALPak
Except when there are chatty crews who gathered around L1 to talk loudly and disturb you during the flight. It was quite annoying when I tried to sleep without the earplugs in 1A.
That happened to me on RJ Y class... I was bothered then, I can imagine why would I have said off that had happened in F!
Old Jul 18, 2012, 7:14 pm

I just did this flight last week in 1A and I had no problems with the FAs. My SO was in 2A
Old Jul 18, 2012, 8:26 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by iexaltu
I just did this flight last week in 1A and I had no problems with the FAs. My SO was in 2A
You were lucky not to have chatty crews then. Or the chatty ones are considerate enough not to talk loudly right in front of the curtain like they did on my recent CX flight.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 10:03 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

You were lucky not to have chatty crews then. Or the chatty ones are considerate enough not to talk loudly right in front of the curtain like they did on my recent CX flight.
Chatty crew are fine... as long as they are considerate. After all, they are human beings and a JFK-HKG flight is almost 16 hours long!!
Old Apr 12, 2013, 10:34 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by iexaltu
When traveling alone, Seat 2A is undoubtedly the best one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.