Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2012, 3:10 am
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Yotel NYC

Yotel NYC

As I stayed at the Yotel LHR the night before, I figured I will give the Yotel in NYC a try. I was able to grab an amazing rate via the booking.com flash sales and got the room for about $50, which for a hotel in NYC is very good.
I arrived into JFK and made my way to the airtrain and then off on the LIRR to Penn station. With the weather in the beginning of Feb being a hot 60F and arriving from Europe where it was some 0F I walked from the station to the hotel. The walk was a good 10-15min walk, but quite enjoyable. The hotel is located in Hell's Kitchen area from what my google maps stated and gave me some dinner options there.

Checking into the hotel was a bit different as there were only kiosks to check in and 1 check in agent. It was quite easy and fast to check in. You then take the elevator to the 4th floor where the "lobby" area is. There is a bar, restaurant, concierge, and the elevators to the rooms. I made my way to the room.
The room was nice. Much bigger than the LHR, but smaller than what I'm used to (IC RA suites) The shower and bathroom were open and attached to the bedroom separated by glass giving the room a open feeling. The bed has a interesting feature. It adjusts up and down so you can sit while watching TV. There was free wifi and it also looked like free long distance calling.
On each floor there is a galley where there are some vending machines and also a coffee/tea machine. The coffee was lavazza and was complimentary along with the tea. Add to the fact the rate I got, it was a great hotel.
There was an issue with the stay - the coffee machine capsule tray was full in the galley. I called down to inform them, expecting that it will be some while before they fixed it. I headed back to the room to drop off some food and went back to the galley to get some ice, and they were there fixing the machine! That was under 5min response time - I think 4x faster than the NYPD.
Overall, the simple additions like the free wifi, free coffee, free continental breakfast (which I didn't get to try as I had a early AM flight but I heard it is a muffin and coffee) do make a difference during a stay. The service was excellent with a nice clean, modern room. I enjoyed my stay.

Old Feb 14, 2012, 4:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nothing, nowhere!
That looks awesome for the money. I've yet to experience a yotel but would definitely consider one if the opportunity came up.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 5:00 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Defintely looks more impressive than the Heathrow one!
Old Feb 14, 2012, 8:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by jason8612
Yotel NYC

As I stayed at the Yotel LHR the night before, I figured I will give the Yotel in NYC a try. I was able to grab an amazing rate via the booking.com flash sales and got the room for about $50, which for a hotel in NYC is very good.
I arrived into JFK and made my way to the airtrain and then off on the LIRR to Penn station. With the weather in the beginning of Feb being a hot 60F and arriving from Europe where it was some 0F I walked from the station to the hotel. The walk was a good 10-15min walk, but quite enjoyable. The hotel is located in Hell's Kitchen area from what my google maps stated and gave me some dinner options there.

Checking into the hotel was a bit different as there were only kiosks to check in and 1 check in agent. It was quite easy and fast to check in. You then take the elevator to the 4th floor where the "lobby" area is. There is a bar, restaurant, concierge, and the elevators to the rooms. I made my way to the room.
The room was nice. Much bigger than the LHR, but smaller than what I'm used to (IC RA suites) The shower and bathroom were open and attached to the bedroom separated by glass giving the room a open feeling. The bed has a interesting feature. It adjusts up and down so you can sit while watching TV. There was free wifi and it also looked like free long distance calling.
On each floor there is a galley where there are some vending machines and also a coffee/tea machine. The coffee was lavazza and was complimentary along with the tea. Add to the fact the rate I got, it was a great hotel.
There was an issue with the stay - the coffee machine capsule tray was full in the galley. I called down to inform them, expecting that it will be some while before they fixed it. I headed back to the room to drop off some food and went back to the galley to get some ice, and they were there fixing the machine! That was under 5min response time - I think 4x faster than the NYPD.
Overall, the simple additions like the free wifi, free coffee, free continental breakfast (which I didn't get to try as I had a early AM flight but I heard it is a muffin and coffee) do make a difference during a stay. The service was excellent with a nice clean, modern room. I enjoyed my stay.

You got an amazing deal. If you do a search now, the prices at the same property range from $289.23 (premium cabin) to $518.73 (first cabin) a night!
Old Feb 14, 2012, 12:44 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Bronze
Originally Posted by xenole
Defintely looks more impressive than the Heathrow one!
+1, same goes for the Gatwick one as well.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 9:33 pm

Trip Reports > Yotel NYC

There is also a Yotel in Amsterdam Schiphol Airport, which is excellent. It costs a bit more than the New York one, but is still excellent value and very convenient if you have an early morning flight.
Old May 12, 2012, 2:17 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, CO OnePass, UA
Oh dear! I would love to get this rate. Lowest I've ever found is $299 for this property.
.. And I'm a huge Yotel fan.
Old May 15, 2012, 4:00 pm

Programs: UA 1P MM, AA-PP, AS, DL, HH G, SPG Gold, TA nada
I actually live right across the street from the Yotel and have only been into the upstairs lobby, twice. Both times the lobby smelled like a sewer. Always wondered what the rooms were like. I too have heard that it has become so popular that prices are near $300.00 a night. There are alot of other options for that price range in NYC. Thanks for photo's.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.