Wiki Posts
Search

My Belated United 2011 Fleet Week Report

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2011, 12:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton GLD, Marriott Plat, NEXUS/GE
My Belated United 2011 Fleet Week Report

It's been nearly a month and I've been putting off taking the photos off my camera from United's Family Day Fleet Week activities at its SFO maintenance base, but here goes...

United had four of its planes out for display: An A320 used for the plane pull, its A320 in United's retrolivery, a Boeing 737 in Continental's retrolivery, and an internationally configured Boeing 777.

Additionally, the Blue Angels were based on the nearby ramp for during their participation in the Fleet Week activities.

The Blue Angels:

N456UA, a United A320, was used for [url=http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-mileage-plus-consolidated/1261852-frequent-flyer-plane-pull-team-2011-champions-ua-family-day-sfo-10-9-11-a.html">the plane pull[/url].

United had both of its retrolivery-bearing planes. I had flown on N475UA, an A320 from Chicago to New York LaGuardia the previous week:

The Continental Boeing 737 (N75436) in its Blue Skyways livery was nearby. I was on this plane for StarMegaDo3.

The cockpit door was open; but when I went through,we couldn't stop to sit down.

Keeping with the retro theme, a restored service truck was positioned nearby as well.

Additionally, N783UA, an internationally configured Boeing 777 was on hand for walkthroughs.

Earlier in the day, the emergency slide was opened up.

One of the massive hangers for United's 747's was open, albeit sans 747:

Slightly removed from the rest of the action was the engine maintenance building with a number of jet engines on display in various states of disassembly, including a jet configured in a testing pit:

I'm exceedingly grateful for UA Insider opening up invitations to FT to United's Family Day during Fleet Week.

(Should the image embedding break, the report is contained on my blog.)
Old Nov 4, 2011, 9:00 am

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
Great report, thanks for sharing! It's always so great when you can see a variety of a/c in such a short amount of time! ...and I love those retro UA/CO birds! ^
Old Nov 5, 2011, 11:08 am

Programs: UA 1K
Very nice

Very nice. I wish I could attend one of these one day!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.