Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

BA Eurotraveller + T5 F lounge and some holiday snaps.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2010, 1:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Deleted

Last edited by HIDDY; Nov 5, 2016 at 10:43 am
Old Oct 15, 2010, 1:02 pm
Original Poster

Deleted

Last edited by HIDDY; Nov 5, 2016 at 10:43 am
Old Oct 15, 2010, 2:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Good report, HIDDY ^ Good pics of the F lounge food options, too.

Now, the obvious question is, what were you doing in the F lounge?...
Old Oct 15, 2010, 2:36 pm

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, SQ TPPS, Accor Diamond
Very enjoyable read. And bonus: No pink sausages. ^
Old Oct 15, 2010, 2:51 pm

Programs: AA, UA, DL , IHG Plat, Bonvoy Gold - 2009 FT Fantasy Football Champion
You just can't beat a HIDDY TR! ^
Old Oct 15, 2010, 8:45 pm
Suspended

great report (as usual) ^
Old Oct 16, 2010, 4:37 pm

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Nice F lounge review. The photos of the UK made me feel very home sick. I've moved to Australia and you simply can't find things such as 1000 year old castles and quant country cottages, I miss 'proper' chips too, need to go hunting for them.

F lounge food looks really good, a full step up from J.

Genius1 - I suppose HIDDY used his gold card to gain access? Or maybe he just sneaked in by charming one of the dragons
Old Oct 17, 2010, 2:13 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Great report, as always HIDDY ^

Travelling through T5 last week and my thoughts turned to you. The "butcher's block" in the Galleries First was loaded with an array of naughty, heavily iced donuts, richly filled muffins and the usual Danish pastries but there sitting on the edge of the counter was a stack of yum-yums. Who would have believed it, saccharin rich Scots peasant food in the Flounge, of all places. I don't suppose you had a chance to sample a wee treat when you were in.

They were delicious. I devoured two! The full sugar fit hit me about twenty minutes later as I made my way to gate A10 for the youknowwhat, and completely destroyed my appetite for the next 7-8 hours
Old Oct 17, 2010, 8:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Genius1

Now, the obvious question is, what were you doing in the F lounge?...
Obvious answer.....Same reason why I was in the Senator lounge at FRA last year.

Originally Posted by RayG
Very enjoyable read. And bonus: No pink sausages. ^
The sausages were cooked to perfection.

Originally Posted by sobore
You just can't beat a HIDDY TR! ^
I try my best....the grammar leaves a lot to be desired though.

Originally Posted by elitetraveler
great report (as usual) ^
Cheers elitetraveler.

Originally Posted by matthandy
Nice F lounge review. The photos of the UK made me feel very home sick. I've moved to Australia and you simply can't find things such as 1000 year old castles and quant country cottages, I miss 'proper' chips too, need to go hunting for them.
Hi matthandy....Indeed, the UK much as I used to moan about it when we stayed there is a great place. I do miss it for the variety of its landscape and architecture. As long as I can get back every year I don't really get too homesick. All the best to you and your life in Oz. ^

Originally Posted by Prospero
Great report, as always HIDDY ^

Travelling through T5 last week and my thoughts turned to you. The "butcher's block" in the Galleries First was loaded with an array of naughty, heavily iced donuts, richly filled muffins and the usual Danish pastries but there sitting on the edge of the counter was a stack of yum-yums.
Those iced donuts were the first food item my eyes were drawn to on our way to the dining area. Unfortunately I forgot all about them so didn't get to try them. I could just go one just now. BA really spoil you regulars by offering such delights.
Old Oct 17, 2010, 11:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by HIDDY
Obvious answer.....Same reason why I was in the Senator lounge at FRA last year.
You really are infuriating.
Old Oct 17, 2010, 12:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Genius1
You really are infuriating.
You really are too inquisitive.
Old Oct 17, 2010, 12:18 pm

I am confused. How come you are allowed to use the F BA lounge when you are flying C to Frankfurt. And they offer so much food in the lounge for a short haul flight?

I thought BA have a F lounge in a restaurant?
Old Oct 17, 2010, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Bretteee
I am confused. How come you are allowed to use the F BA lounge when you are flying C to Frankfurt. And they offer so much food in the lounge for a short haul flight?

I thought BA have a F lounge in a restaurant?
There are three different types of departure lounge at T5;

- Galleries Club for passengers travelling in Club Europe (shorthaul business class), Club World (longhaul business class), Business UK (fully flex domestic) and oneworld Sapphire members.

- Galleries First for oneworld Emerald members.

- Concorde Room for passengers travelling in First, Premier members, Concorde Room Cardholders, and invited VIPs.

The Concorde Room is the most prestigious, and offers full waiter service dining, whereas Galleries First (the lounge HIDDY was in on this occasion) only offers cut-down waiter service (where the tables are not laid), with a more extensive buffet than the Galleries Clubs. T5 does not separate domestic, European and worldwide passengers in the departures process.
Old Oct 25, 2010, 5:58 pm
Lux

Originally Posted by HIDDY
The Champagne and wine both tasted fine to my ‘common palate’.
Thank goodness there's another commoner on the BA board who might not spot the difference between Bollinger 99 and 00. They've all got bubbles in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.