Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

Quarto D’Altino Crowne Plaza Venice 1 cent a night deal!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2009, 10:28 pm
Original Poster

A quick trip report from my sister for those who took advantage of the 1 cent euro a night deal at the Venice hotel. Between her, her husband and their son their reservations totaled 10 nights with the buy one get one special.

Crowne Plaza
Quarto D’Altino

We recently completed our ten night stay at the ‘special rate’. The hotel and staff were outstanding. The hotel itself was very clean and the pictures were a true representation of the hotel. The rooms were large compared to European standards. The staff were professional and spoke English quite well. We were given a bigger room to accommodate our son joining us for part of the trip and breakfast was included for all three of us daily.

The dinning room staff were very good and Espresso’s, Cappuccino’s were available by request (no extra charge) to accompany a very adequate breakfast offering, Juices, Cereal, Yogurts, Pastries, Fruit, Breads, Ham, Cheeses as well as bacon and eggs. They also offered a buffet style dinner for an inclusive price of twenty euros per person.

Getting around:

The train station is easily accessible from the hotel; tickets into Venice are sold at the hotel reception (at the same price as you would find at the train station). The train is 2.35 Euros each way, or we purchased from the ticket machine at the train station a seven day pass for 14.90 Euros.
We used this pass to travel to Venice and also Mestre where we would change trains for trips to Verona and Bassano Del Grappa, both of which were nice day trips and tickets were available on the day of travel.

We did Venice in two days, one day was a walking tour and after exiting the train station we just made our way on foot to both the Rialto Bridge and Piazza San Marcus. The next day we did what we called Venice by boat, we actually bought a 24 hour water bus pass. Outside of the train station and to the left we took the ‘DM’ to Murano Faro, where we caught the water bus to Burano. Burano is a very picturesque island and we believe was worth the trip, it is not as busy as Venice and has a very nice piazza to stop for a drink and do a little people watching. We then caught the water bus back to Murano and got off at the same stop. You can do a little shopping in some less expensive stores. We then caught the number 42 water bus to Venice, taking in the outside views of Venice.

From what we could tell the Numbers 41 and 42 bus will take you around the outside of Venice itself, one of them goes clockwise the other anti clockwise. Then if you want to go down the Grand Canal, the water bus 1 and 2, go opposite ways, so you could get I believe the number 1 from the train station to Piazza San Marcus going under the Rialto Bridge and then catch the number 2 back to the train station.

Ideas on where to Eat:

There is as previously mentioned a good pizza place less then five minutes walk from the hotel. It is called Stop Pizza you go out of the lobby, go left and it is a couple of minutes walk on the right hand side, it opens about 7PM each evening and on their busiest night (Sunday) you can expect about an hour wait. They have the menu in English and run approximately 5 to 6 Euros.

Cosmori Restaurant – Is a very good fish restaurant, it is also out of the hotel, left and about five minutes walk on the right. A second plate fish was approximately 12 Euros, there were three of us, and we had water, half a carafe of wine, fish course, dessert, coffee and it was 68 euros.

Vecio Decimo – I believe this was the name of the other restaurant we tried in town. It was on the main street and had a lot of seating outside. Two of us had a first course of Shrimp and Lasagna, second course of Pork, we shared a roasted potatoes and grilled vegetables, dessert, half a carafe of wine, I had a coke, we both had cappuccinos and the bill was a little over 50 euros.

We also found a two story mall that had a fantastic food court. We had a plate of grilled vegetables, lasagna, and wonderful ravioli in a cream pistachio sauce for 13 euros.
The mall is one train stop from the hotel towards Venice; you do have to get the train that makes more stops, when you exit the train station stay to the left, as you cross the next main road it will be on the left. It also has a Hyper Market (Carrefour), where you can get soda’s bottled water, bread and some great pastries for your room.
Old Oct 27, 2009, 4:49 pm

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
This is super helpful. Thanks so much!
I'm going in March/April for 6 nights, with friends, while my siblings have a total of 14 nights between then in Feb/ March.
Really appreciate that you took the time to write--and to recommend specific places!
Old Oct 27, 2009, 10:24 pm

Thanks for the trip report. Sounds like you really enjoyed your tame in Italy.
Old Oct 28, 2009, 3:47 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Explorist, UA 1MM
Great stuff. Thanks for sharing.
Old Nov 14, 2009, 5:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ua mm, aa plat, starriott LTPP, ihg plat, hh gold.
thanks for the report! ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.