Wiki Posts
Search

Shipping a package to a hotel?

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2016, 2:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by iluvcruising2
So am I right that it is standard for hotels to charge a fee for shipping to the hotel?
Without any meaningful information (hotel, location, type of package, etc etc) no one can provide you with a meaningful answer.

Also, it probably would have been a better idea to start a new thread rather than revive one which is 6.5 years old.
Old May 25, 2016, 2:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
It depends on the hotel. It's most common IME in large USA convention properties. It's also more common in hotels that have business centers that handle outbound FedEx etc. packages/documents for a fee.
That's right - people who were exhibiting at trade shows were sending items to the hotels in order to avoid the dragage company storage fees. The hotels caught on and began charging to handle shipments.

If you are using fed ex etc, you can have the package sent to a nearby office and designate that the shipment below held for pickup.
Old May 25, 2016, 4:10 pm

Since I live in Mexico, I do annual shopping trips to the States and I always call or email the manager of the hotel to see if I can have items mailed to the hotel (with my name & date of arrival on each package). They always say yes but I've had them hesitate so I'd never do it without prior approval. The hotels have never charged me but it's never been an avalanche of boxes, either.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.