Wiki Posts
Search

Good Chinese visa agent?

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2008, 9:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K
Good Chinese visa agent?

After spending 4 hours in line last week at the SF consulate, I was turned away for not having a print-out of confirmed hotel reservations. At this point I'm out of weekdays during which I could get out of work and hang out at the the consulate, so I am going to need to use a Visa Agent so I can mail in the materials.

Does anyone have any recommendations for good/safe Visa Agents? The prospect of sending my passport to a stranger not officially associated with a government entity doesn't sit well but I don't have much of a choice.

My trip is in 4 weeks, so no huge hurry. At the same time, I'd like to get everything back with plenty of time to spare.

This is for three (3) tourist visas -- all family members on the same tickets and hotels. Mom and sis have never been. My passport has 7 Chinese visas in there (a few student, a few tourist).

Thanks. -xj
Old May 14, 2008, 11:06 am
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
leave plenty of time, they messed up our visas (spelled names wrong) and they all had to go back and be redone.

And it's possible many people may want to be heading home after the earthquake to help relatives and the rest still there, so the visa lines may grow considerably if they haven't already started. I would get it started as soon as you can.
Old May 14, 2008, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: La Ministreuse de Surréalisme, CO Plat, MR Plat, SPG Plat
I know you are in SF; but VIPPASSPORTS (VIPPASSPORTS.COM) have come through for several of us ( as well as for my husband's company) in Houston and have quick turnaround. They have always done what they said they will do. I've used them the past 5 years.
Old May 14, 2008, 11:12 am
Community Director Emerita

Here is a useful thread in the China forum about getting visas. There are quite a few threads in the forum on the topic. I used a service owned by the Chinese Government. It was great; I was able to track the progress of the visa application online. It was also the most affordable. Unfortunately, I've now deleted all of my records as to the name of the agency - but I found the suggestion in the thread for which I've just given the link.
Old May 14, 2008, 12:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K
Thanks for the thread. I'll follow it there. Mods may close.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.