Community
Wiki Posts
Search

being hosed by itravel2000

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2007, 12:12 pm
Original Poster

being hosed by itravel2000

Looking for any advise - I booked and confirmed online a specific "room"- and they (*itravel) are saying that it is wrong...although I have all the paper work telling me it's what I booked...she (lady from itravel) has even tried to send me a "new" invoice - changing what I booked on online - and it's still on their web site...any insight?

can I hold them to what I booked and paid for?
Old Jan 23, 2007, 12:19 pm

Welcome to FT!

I would try but be prepared to accept an unhappy outcome at the hotel upon your check-in.

Good luck.
Old Jan 23, 2007, 12:28 pm
Original Poster

thanks for the welcome wagon - I am new to this and not sure what I am doing - a freind suggested I come here for advise....so thanks for the feedback :-)
Old Jan 23, 2007, 4:14 pm

Programs: CO-Plat, DL-Gold
Is this a booking that you paid in full? Or is it just guaranteed to a credit card? If you have already paid for the hotel via the website, you may be able to contact your cc company for assistance (though the assistance may just be getting a refund).

When you are saying the booking "is wrong" - what exactly does that mean? Is the price wrong? Are they trying to downgrade you to a lower level of room? A bit more information will help to understand what is really happening.

If it's still up on their website, I'd take screen shots - can't hurt to have more evidence in addition to your confirmation

And finally, though this doesn't help now, when you're booking with a travel company that is not well known, it can help to look at the BBB rating. itravel2000 has a satisfactory rating, though it does have 29 complaints over the past 36 months. That seems high - especially for a company that probably doesn't have a huge amount of turnover.
Old Jan 23, 2007, 5:06 pm

Originally Posted by KVS
iTravel2000 is actually one of the largest online travel sellers in Canada ...

Perhaps one of the moderators would consider moving this thread to the AC forum, where more participants would be familiar with it ...
Just wanted to mention that I booked a flight through them last year on Alaska Airlines at an air fare AS couldn't match. I had taken ITravel 2000's travel insurance, and when I had to cancel I had no problem in getting all my money back. Found their staff very easy to deal with. I would book through them again.
Old Jan 23, 2007, 5:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
how about discussing the OP's problem?
Has OP called toll-free number for travel provider? Or just conversed by email?
Old Jan 23, 2007, 7:41 pm

Originally Posted by redrobin123
Looking for any advise - I booked and confirmed online a specific "room"- and they (*itravel) are saying that it is wrong...although I have all the paper work telling me it's what I booked...she (lady from itravel) has even tried to send me a "new" invoice - changing what I booked on online - and it's still on their web site...any insight?

can I hold them to what I booked and paid for?
Welcome to FT

If you have proof of the room type you booked and they refuse to honor it, I would ask to speak to the manager and state your case, if you really want that specific room. If not, then ask for a refund and book else-where if they do not want to honor it. If they refuse to issue a refund you can contact your credit card company and they can start a charge-back on your behalf.

In any case, you can also make a complaint with (TICO)

The Travel Industry Council of Ontario

http://www.tico.on.ca/consumers/ticos-role.html

Last edited by Randy Petersen; Jan 24, 2007 at 7:41 am
Old Jan 24, 2007, 8:08 am
Original Poster

thanks everyone

Further to my initial complaint yesterday - I booked the room, paid in full on my credit card and received a confirmation and an invoice stating what I had orginally paid for - I took screen shots, and have all proof...TODAY the website has changed.
Have passed it onto my fiance (this is our honeymoom trip) and I am hoping that he will deal with it from here on in....
I just feel jipped - feeling like a little bait and switch with a very reputable Canadian on-line travel agency...will fill in on what happens - and if anyone has anymore advise...bring it on !
Old Jan 24, 2007, 3:05 pm

Programs: AA Plat CO Gold
stick to your guns
call them again and inform them that you have email confirmation of the room that your booked as well as screen shots of the entire process. If the first person cannot help, ask for their manager. If all else fails call your credit card company and see if they can help. The travel agent industry is very regulated in Canada so see if you can't call them up and receive some advie
good luck

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.