Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Your flight is delayed so you will miss a connection -- what will the airline do?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Your flight is delayed so you will miss a connection -- what will the airline do?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2009, 4:22 pm

Programs: NZ, EK, QF, SQ.
Originally Posted by ContinentalFan
That's it in a nutshell! You really have to read through the contact of carriage to find out what you're entitled to. Some airlines are more generous than others. For example, Continental's policy for problems under the carrier's control is closest to the old rule 240. Other carriers have different policies.
Depends on the airline.

We flew with Singapore Air AkL-SIN and then SIN-PNH (on Silk Air - SIA's "local" carrier).

Plane was late departing Auckland (mechanical reasons) and we arrived in Singapore after our connecting flight to Phnom Penh had departed.

SIA had someone at the arrival gate to meet us, with amended boarding passes (for the next flight to PNH), voucher for 4 hours in a hotel, vouchers for taxi rides to and from hotel and 2 meal vouchers for the hotel.

No fuss, no hassle - we were very impressed with SIA.
Old Dec 18, 2009, 6:40 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Plat by proxy, Sephora VIB, I have a low AA FF#...
Two months ago, my parents missed their ATL-SFO flight because their incoming flight from BDL was delayed. They could not avoid taking the last flight of the day out of BDL. I never heard who paid for their ATL overnight, but DL got them out next morning in F.
Old Dec 19, 2009, 6:27 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by Analise
If the delay is caused by weather or anything which has NOTHING to do with the airline, they'll put you on the next flight even it means the next day. If you're a platinum member, you might be able to get the airline agent to put you on another airline. Heck, even if you're not elite, you might be lucky enough that the airline agent can get you to your destination on the same day with another carrier, but don't count on it.
correct and to add, certain elite levels (ua 1k for one) come with a hidden perk that you can get 1 night at a hotel and a small meal voucher even on a wx delay
Old Dec 20, 2009, 12:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
I remember where my last previously trip from PHX-FLL via ATL on Feb. 2006. Because my flight has been delayed due to mechanical problems and waiting for the loading into the cargo containers. I missed the flight from ATL-FLL but, there is only 1 left to leave around 10:40pm from ATL. I decide that I have to eat dinner before I am get inside the aircraft. I wasn't aware from DL is not taking own responsible for my next flight out. So I remember where I saw GA is standing the gate counter and I lookup the GDS that the flight is close but, I call her out that I says "HOLD THE PLANE!". That I gave the previously BP to her. She typing it down onto DL computer system but, I was unable to get on next flight from ATL around 9pm. That I missed the flight. That's why it was very late arrivals into ATL around before 9pm. So I have go to take on the trams to concourse A and it is gate A21 for my next flight to FLL. I called my mom & friends, too. I told them that I missed the flight due to late connection. So hopefully in the future if my flight will have better on-time performance and not have anymore problems the flight due to late connections.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.