2,089 miles on CRJs (or ouch, my butt!)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2006, 10:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Inventor of the "Eskimojito" featuring Canadian Mint/Buquebus Rowing Team

On Sunday I did three legs, 2,089 miles on CRJs only. Can anyone top that one? And will admit it?
Old Feb 9, 2006, 6:10 am
In memoriam

Programs: SWA A list preferred and CP, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hertz President's club
Originally Posted by BoyAreMyArmsTired
On Sunday I did three legs, 2,089 miles on CRJs only. Can anyone top that one? And will admit it?
by the end of February I will have done 30 segments and over 25K miles all in CRJ's, I have at least 4 segments a week in CRJ's. Think I might have you a little topped!!!!!!!!!
Old Feb 9, 2006, 7:25 am
DEN

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Hilton Diamond
Nope, you win. I was looking at a SkyWest routemap this morning. It't frightening to see the number of long flights that have been added.
Old Feb 9, 2006, 9:03 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
... and BoyWasYourBottomSore!

Sorry to hear about that. The only survival tip I can offer is to try and find an aisle seat and learn how to unlatch the aisle side armrest so it flips up. There's a small switch on the underside of the armrest towards the back, right around where it meets the seat frame at the pivot point. Press the switch in to unlock the latch and the arm folds up. Gives you a bit more "wiggle room."
Old Feb 9, 2006, 9:15 am

Looks like the pilots of former FLYI aircraft N627BR got pretty close yesterday. FlightAware shows their fun journey.
Old Feb 11, 2006, 12:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Inventor of the "Eskimojito" featuring Canadian Mint/Buquebus Rowing Team
I do a pretty good number of CRJ legs per year (but I think you will have me beat there). I think I may be the lucky winner of a single-day/long mileage CRJ experience, however. Unless there are other fortunates.

Originally Posted by Lehava
by the end of February I will have done 30 segments and over 25K miles all in CRJ's, I have at least 4 segments a week in CRJ's. Think I might have you a little topped!!!!!!!!!
Old Feb 11, 2006, 3:23 pm

Programs: all the big ones.. no LCCs for me
i did 589 miles on an ERJ last night and I was lucky as I was the only one to have an empty next to me on the 2 side. So I could sit at an angle, stretch my legs and work on the computer. Still, I couldn't get my computer entirely on the tray. I "try" to avoid those RJ's like the plague but sometimes there isn't any choice
Old Feb 11, 2006, 4:16 pm
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

2,089 miles in a single day on regional jets?!?!?! Are you crazy? Don't answer that, I know you all too well so I already can answer my own question.
Old Feb 11, 2006, 4:53 pm
In memoriam

Programs: SWA A list preferred and CP, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hertz President's club
Oh wait I misread, I thought you were looking to be beat on one segment not one day. I can top you *smile* (how sad a competition huh). I had to do a same day to JFK. Which from BGM ends up being BGM-CVG-JFK-CVG-BGM, which netted me 2196 in a day. All CRJ segments, 4 of them! Sadly this could have been avoided with 6 hours of driving but flying ended up working out better.

I did draw the line and not book the CRJ transcon I saw the other day....BGM-CVG-SLC-SNA, all comair....all crj's!!!! I will be sitting up front on 757's for the CVG-SNA parts!

Last edited by Lehava; Feb 11, 2006 at 4:55 pm
Old Feb 11, 2006, 6:14 pm
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
4-Feb-06 UX 7273 F Class AUS to IAD 1,294
4-Feb-06 UX 7273 F Class IAD to AUS 1,294
4-Feb-06 UX 7851 L Class BUF to IAD 284
4-Feb-06 UX 7122 L Class IAD to BUF 284

3,156 miles... total time 12 hours from time I left Buffalo til I arrived back.

All flights on the new regional jets.

Do I win?
Old Feb 11, 2006, 9:52 pm
In memoriam

Originally Posted by wharvey
4-Feb-06 UX 7273 F Class AUS to IAD 1,294
4-Feb-06 UX 7273 F Class IAD to AUS 1,294
4-Feb-06 UX 7851 L Class BUF to IAD 284
4-Feb-06 UX 7122 L Class IAD to BUF 284

3,156 miles... total time 12 hours from time I left Buffalo til I arrived back.

All flights on the new regional jets.

Do I win?
Hmmmm if you were in first class on the new jets not sure that counts, seems like that is too comfy *smile* but I wasnt the OP so I dont get to vote on that I guess *grin*
Old Feb 11, 2006, 10:31 pm

Programs: UA dirt... and btw, THE innovator of the phrase 'gate lice'. Yeah, that's right.
Did 2,700+ on a recent pit-jax rt. Sucked.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.