Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Sign in using an external account

Old Sep 9, 05, 7:18 am   #1
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing
Travelocity VIP?

Got some email from Travelocity about this program. Anyone familiar with it? It seems to be a replacement or something for Travelocity Preferred program that they had.
Old Sep 9, 05, 7:54 am   #2

Programs: UA Premier
I'm checking my e-mail now, but I'm assuming I haven't been invited. I use travelocity a lot to check fares, but I admit that I then end up booking it on the UA site so I can save the $5 fee. One day, I'll give them the fee to compensate them for my usage of their site Orbitzs too
rhwbullhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 05, 2:23 pm   #3

Programs: AA-EXP/3MM, Marriott Plat, Starwood Plat
I was just "awarded" Travelocity VIP today. It waives the $5 per ticket fee for any itinerary I am booked on, plus a slew of of discounts on packages from them, plus a 24-hour, VIP-dedicated priority customer service line and a "personal concierge" to help me gift shop, among other things.

I am also one of those cheap FTers that book elsewhere to save the $5 per ticket fee. So this is likely to earn them some business from me. Now I wonder if Expedia has a status match program?

How did I EARN the Travelocity VIP? You won't believe it. About the only thing I bought from them this year was 19 of the $1.86+ tickets to Watertown! How apropos!
925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 05, 2:49 pm   #4

Programs: AA EXP UA 2KMM AMB
Quote:
Originally Posted by 925

Now I wonder if Expedia has a status match program?

How did I EARN the Travelocity VIP? You won't believe it. About the only thing I bought from them this year was 19 of the $1.86+ tickets to Watertown! How apropos!
If I'm not mistaken (if it still in existence), there is indeed Expedia VIP. Last year, when I was still reserving most of my trips with them, I was informed when talking to one of their agents, that I was a VIP (gave me a supposed to be VIP service number) and transferred to the appropriate line, where I was actually allowed to make some changes on a vacation package without any fees (and you know they're very strict about this). What the official public perks for this and the qualification, I never fully found out, however, since I limited my transactions with them.
jef7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 05, 12:38 am   #5

I never knew about Travelocity, however Expedia does have a VIP program. I don't know about the criteria, but I did get a special card in the mail about it. A special VIP dedicated priority team is available 24/7 via a VIP line. They are also more willing to waive fees or compensate you for any inconveniences. There are no real benefits or perks, AFAIK
MaisonUnitas is offline   Reply With Quote